How Do You FEEL Now?

PyratePhil

I had bad reflux * just before it became trendy *

The pains from the area where your esophagus meets your stomach are just near the solar plexis.

I know what you mean. I have even had pains radiating down my left arm along with the chest. Benn woken in the middle of the night by it. Then that acid feel in your throat follows. It's very scary. I carried a bottle of Axid like someone would carry nitro at all times for 2 years. It works almost instantly and is non prescrip.

I learned what flares it up and it took a few years to heal it.

I still have a milder version now and then.

So yes it can be your stomach.

By no means EVER ignore chest pain. It can be a host of things. Go see a doctor if it recurrs.

But I empathise with you. It's quite scary.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was no burning or acid feeling. I kept trying to pin down a description of the pain, but couldn't. It just hurt - centered in the sternum area and radiated out. I looked at some heart attack pain diagrams and one matched what I had felt exactly. So I got worried all over again.

But, to prove to myself that it wasn't a heart attack I went on a brisk two-mile walk and was fine - if it had been a heart attack I don't think I could have finished that walk.

RHJMap.jpg

Geez, Jill, isn't going on a two mile run to prove you're not having heart problems a little extreme? B)

I mean, couldn't you have done a couple dozen jumping jacks in your livingroom first? (And no, I don't mean THAT kind of jumping Jack — although he might have enjoyed it.)

Glad your feeling better, but if you did have a problem, finding you in the street with the buzzards circling means it is probably way too late to fix it. <_<

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Geez, Jill, isn't going on a two mile run to proof you're not having heart problems a little extream? B)

I mean, couldn't you have done a couple dozen jumping jacks in your livingroom first? (And no, I don't mean THAT kind of jumping Jack — although he might have enjoyed it.)

Glad your feeling better, but if you did have a problem, finding you in the street with the buzzards circling means it is probably way too late to fix it. <_<

Not extreme by my standards. I felt pretty good by then and it was a lovely day.

Heh, "jumping Jack" - that's later tonight...

RHJMap.jpg

Oh, Syren I am so Happy for ya. Hugs.

As for me, excited, happy and satisfied. lookin' forward to the weekend.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Yikes! Jill, Hope that be th' only time you feel it. <_<

Gall bladder felt like that (couldn't breathe either).

Yes, getting older does suck healthwise that is. Well, at least it's a good thing with the 2 mile hike, m'dear, that ye didn't keel over.

SIREN!!!!

:::Clobbers the girl; big hugs:::: oooh, you have been SOOO missed!

Good to hear you are doing better m'dear. :) My prayers and thoughts are always with ya. <_<

Thanks, Sterling. Will do, mate. ;)

Ooo... cards. ;)

~Lady B

<_<

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

<_<

Hehe... in Hell, outta Hell... takin' a tour around Hell. Then straight to th' moon on th' Express from Hell! <_<

Hey, but like most here on th' Pub... I be survivin'. ;)

Good to hear and see you are doing better, m'dear. :) :::big hugs:::

~Lady B

<_<

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Misunderstood <_<

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

pretty excited being tomorrow is our first rehearsal for midsummer faire and i'm thinking i may bring my 'mad morgan kidd' to this one. she's more fun and has more fun with the nipperkins than 'bella donna'

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

edited by author B)

(Nothing bad! I just posted a response to the wrong person! :( )

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Piratey :rolleyes:

Not feelin all that great having hip trouble again, on a brighter note got some wonderful insperation for my romance novel!

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

I am sorry you are not feelin' well Kendra. Hugs to ya.

As for me, tired but satisfied. Had a wonderful day. The sun was shining and the sky was a bright blue. Got to go for a walk in the woods which was wonderful (in me bare feet). Mmmmm, how I love the spring.

My emotions have been running the gamut lately. It's been an odd couple of weeks for me. I've been confronted by (in no particular order) life, death, obsession, change, nostalgia, why people who take the usual path are are so fascinated by those of us who tend toward the road not taken, wisdom, my own life choices, happiness, lust, aging, friendship, naivete (not mine, thank goodness), luck, old secrets and not-so-secrets, respect, adulation and fear. A lot of this has fortunately sorted itself out but I still have a bit of figurative mopping up to do.

RHJMap.jpg

Sorry to hear that Jill, but welcome to the club... :rolleyes:B)

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

My emotions have been running the gamut lately. It's been an odd couple of weeks for me. I've been confronted by (in no particular order) life, death, obsession, change, nostalgia, why people who take the usual path are are so fascinated by those of us who tend toward the road not taken, wisdom, my own life choices, happiness, lust, aging, friendship, naivete (not mine, thank goodness), luck, old secrets and not-so-secrets, respect, adulation and fear. A lot of this has fortunately sorted itself out but I still have a bit of figurative mopping up to do.

Hug.

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Jill look forward to sunrises and quiet nights.. * hugs *

the damp day has my back killing me. ;)

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

Awww, Jill, I am sorry for your troubles. Hugs to you.

Here's a Teddy Bear to give you some Love.

melbourne_flowers_teddy_bear_medium.jpg

And a bowl of Ice Cream too.

20102975.JPG

And Lady Snow, if I could give you a massage I would to help take away your back ache.