NECA 7" POTC figs

JoshuaRed

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:: shakes head:: Nope...

Though I hear ya, mate! Tis frustrating... cause I am more than eager to get my hands upon the mini-Barbossa!

A good piratess friend of mine got me the Aztec gold that is now available from Master Replicas. It's fabulous! I HIGHLY recommend it! & More than worth the $15!!!

But.. Aye.. eager to get a hold of the merchandise!

;)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

:::in a devilish, tempting voice::: Take it... ya know ya want it.... Th' gooollldd ccaaaaaaaaaallllllss t' ya...

So... who's gonna try to get 882 pieces of Aztec gold? ;)

;)

They didn't even have 882 pieces on the set. If they can cheat, you can too. ;)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

;););) Course they didn't have 882 pieces on the set.. everyone kept taking off with them! ;) example,... Angus Barnett... guilty as charged! An here he's a good man under His Majesty's service... stopped the cursed pirates.. low & behold.. he's stolen one of the Aztec gold coins!

Well... whoever dares to make the chest, I wish them well with that.

Enjoying the merchandise... but it's not enough... alas.. all the merchandise out there is of Will & Jack! No Barbossa! No Elizabeth, no Norrington, no cursed pirates, or anyone else.

Hence the standee I have of Barbossa is my greatest prize possession & favorite of all I have.

Wish there were more Barbossa stuff... besides Will & Jack.

Now.. just awaiting the little figurine.

;)

I'm hoping that one of the others will be Elizabeth. They need to make her in the majority of her outfits: the gold dress, the Barbossa dress & the Marines uniform. :)

Though... Iron Bess mentioned a while ago about the need for Ragetti pictures. :)

Just... looking forward to as many of the characters as possible! There are a LOT of them.

;)

Female AFs don't traditionally sell well. When they came up with the Star Wars POTF2 AFs in 1995, they knew they had to include Leia because she is central to the story. However, they made the decision to short-pack her, (1 Leia per case as opposed to 2) since they already knew that female figs traditionally sold poorly.

Of course, that created an absolute frenzy amongst the scalpers, who snatched every Leia they could find off the shelves and re-sold them to collectors for 7x the store price. It was the absolute ugliest figure I think I have ever seen. On a board I used to post to, they nick-named it "Monkey-Faced Leia".

Jack is the central character in the popular mind, so he gets the lion's share of the attention. (Note that he's the only one to receive the 18" fig treatment to date) Will has that whole giggly teen girl thing going for him (go check out the movie forum at piratesinfo.com if you don't believe me - although they cleaned a lot of it up a few months back), so he probably rates second. Barbossa's in the first round with Will, so that says something. Then there's a throw-away undead figure-to-be-named for Spawn and skeleton pirate fan (me) collectors.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

I'm hoping that one of the others will be Elizabeth. They need to make her in the majority of her outfits: the gold dress, the Barbossa dress & the Marines uniform. :)

...And the easily-slit-open corset! Let's not forget that! ... In fact, let's all think about io for a minute or two... or three...

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

I'm hoping that one of the others will be Elizabeth. They need to make her in the majority of her outfits: the gold dress, the Barbossa dress & the Marines uniform.  :)

...And the easily-slit-open corset! Let's not forget that! ... In fact, let's all think about io for a minute or two... or three...

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

OK.. Pete... we'll have a specially made 18" Elizabeth Swann for ya... anatomically correct with the corset in velcro so as to rip it off her God knows how many times!

Satisfied? :huh:

:huh:

LOL Norrington has bigger boobs than Liz Swann! B)

B)

You all don't give Norrington enough credit. (chuckle)

Me thinks you'll all see the lad a mite differntly after the next film. B)

(Hubba, Hubba!!) B)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

LOL Norrington has bigger boobs than Liz Swann!  B)

B)

Yeah, they didn't exactly give Davenport much to work with. (He was a mite stereotypical as far as RN sailors in pirate movies go.) Be nice to add a bit more substance to his role. From the voiceover he did, he seems like a genial chap. Still, not being a pirate nor sympathetic towards them, he's always going to have an uphill battle to fight in a piratecentric movie. He's definitely a series two or three type character.

Elizabeth's multi-various dresses are series 4 or 5 or 6 or 112... Give us Elizabeth in the pirate dress (or the RN costume B) ) After that, hold off on her. I'd rather see Koehler (undead, natch), Pintel and Ragetti (undead, natch), Twigg climbing (undead, natch), Gibbs, Cotton, Annamaria, Scarlett, Governor Swann, Murtogg & Mullroy, etc. before we start delving into the various Elizabeth costumes. Of course, if it expands like most AF series do, we'll get Captain Jack without his hat, Jack diving, Will in poofy feather hat, Will blacksmith, Jack without his coat, Will smiling, etc. along with one or two "other" figs in each series. B)

Although...Bess' comment that they're sculpting Ragetti and Pintel are promising. Lots of background characters for them to do. When the new movie hits, the playing field will be changed, of course. All the OT characters from the real Star Wars movies would get back burnered everytime Lucasfilm presented us with a new opus.

Mission_banner5.JPG

LOL Norrington has bigger boobs than Liz Swann!  B)

B)

(Hubba, Hubba!!) B)

Poor Keira. B)

Hmmm... a different light, huh, Bess? is that good or bad? Or should I say he's turning good or bad?

Poor Norrington.

Actually, I thought Norrington was spot on. VERY much the Gentleman. Which made him interesting. I was happy & some people I know were shocked .. that the Brits in their didn't appear to be fearful chickens or evil devils as portrayed in previous period films. Especially with Murtogg & Mulroy who are just FABULOUS! Groves & Gillette.. hehehe, they each play off Norrington so perfectly... Groves being great.. so sweet... & VERY handsome, too!

Oh, aye! The minor characters like Pintel, Ragetti, Koehler, Twigg, Bo'sun, Jacoby, Mallot, Grapple (God rest his soul), Gibbs, AnaMaria, Cotton, Marty, Groves, Gillette, Murtogg, Mulroy, .. & a whole slew of others.. made the film a wild adventure as well! Adding to the principles so well! :)

Just hoping & wishing to see more merchandise... mostly what I see out there is just Will & Jack - 2 tyles of shirts, the blanket throw, some stickers ( which amazingly enough I saw one sheet with more than just Jack & Will! OMG!).. LOVE the patch of the skull & crossed swords!.. & the Aztec Gold made available by Master Replicas? FABULOUS! Loving it... I wear it.. & people recognize it... "Hey! Pirates of the Caribbean"! A couple boys were like.. "Oh,no! She's cursed!" I got a good laugh out of that one. Just told them.. "No, not cursed. Just a pirate!" B)

B)

Just checkin' in to see if anyone has the figs in hand yet and your opinions... I haven't managed to get to a Hot Topic yet but Jack is on their site for order:

http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?...S=0&ITEM=524901

By all means, kill the whelp!

...or at least give him a good flogging. Better yet, let me do it.

Flogger * Pyrates of the Coast

Bloodthirsty Novelist

Pyrate Adventuress

I've seen the sculpted models that the masters are being made from of these figures... and I have to say that the *Pintel *figuere is a jaw dropping, dead on piece.

Looks JUST like him! Scary really. (Thinking back to Karen black and the little guy with the knife (Trilogy of Terror)

The rest are nice but Pintel is amazing. :)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Hmmm... a different light, huh, Bess? is that good or bad? Or should I say he's turning good or bad?

Poor Norrington.

Is *Hubba! Hubba!* a bad thing?? :rolleyes:

Naw, the guy really gets to work and act this time and show off his....

stuff. :huh:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

...I have to say that the *Pintel *figuere is a jaw dropping, dead on piece.

Looks JUST like him! Scary really.

The rest are nice but Pintel is amazing. :)

I'm not surprised. The people at Disney really like Arenburg, don't they? He was in their little behind-the-scenes video, he was at the writer's interview, he's all over the place! He probably met the sculptor and the guy decided to put a little extra effort into that fig.

I'll bet he's a walking, talking, Dale Carnegie How to Win Friends and Influence People kind of guy. He just seems like that sort of person. (There's a lesson in that...)

Mission_banner5.JPG

He was in their little behind-the-scenes video, he was at the writer's interview, he's all over the place! He probably met the sculptor and the guy decided to put a little extra effort into that fig.

Well no, that shoots down that theory. He never met the sculpter if his figure. None of them did as far as I know because we had a hard time getting head shots they could use. A dreadful time!

:rolleyes:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

:rolleyes: It was such a good theory. Disney sure does seem to have a thing for him, though. Why put him in with the writers?

Mission_banner5.JPG

Oh, don't get me wrong, Marjon... Barbossa is STILL my fav & love him even as the undead.. (& that says A LOT! I am VERY fearful of the dead & corpses. :: Shivers:: Dead things & I do NOT mix)... ::le sigh:: ahh.. Barbossa...

But .. a lady can still gawk at eye candy. & Groves is most DEFINITELY eye candy. :)

Ooooo.. Bess! Can't wait then to see what Fun Norrington has. :) & his "STUFF"!

Oh, how will Keira be able to handle so many men?!? :lol:

::le sigh::: though.. again... I kinda still have to go with Marjon... eager & dying(no pun intended) to see more of Barbossa. :: Swooning:::

:rolleyes: