Where'd You Get Your Avatar?

Bilgemunky

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw, they be soft and supple rope, not old halliards, and the arms are on a Viking/Scot Rouge Sea Captain...Strong enough to hold you anywhere onboard......a Pyrate.. ;)

Hmmmmm.... a Scot is it now??

Well then, there still be a need to speak about this rope business... but as long as the Scot be in his kilt and there be a fair wind.... :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

...burying his mothers Scots/ Irish blood until called upon.. :lol:

YHooooooooo Hoooooooooo..... Scots/Irish blood..... (cocking a finger in the direction of the Viking) ;)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Avatar is me own design with inspiration from Jack Rackham's flag (only my cutlass crossguards are facing the correct direction). I haven't had time to rework the resolution yet so it be a bit fuzzy...like the morn' after a night drinkin' rum...

Black Pearl

"An apt and true reply was given to Alexander the Great by a pirate who had been seized. For when that king had asked the man what he meant by keeping hostile possession of the sea, he answered with bold pride. 'What thou meanest by seizing the whole earth; but because I do it with a petty ship, I am called a robber, whilst thou who dost it with a great fleet art styled emperor." Saint Augustine

Aye,

Me Avatar be me.... on a colder than usual may afternoon... bigger pic in the gallery, more to follow soon enough...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

• 3 weeks later...

The current avatar is a picture of me about...hmm..just before I started the board really. It's from a pirate party that I attended with some friends...more or less a gang of about thirty to forty people hitting Vallejo by ferry and pub-hopping in piraticals.

I'm deliberating changing it though...I get tired of seeing the same thing quickly... :ph34r:

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

I finally have an avatar!! I got the idea from a comment my friend made in her liveJournal. The "Mexi-CAN" reference is an old joke, I think, but we were referring to Once Upon a Time in Mexico (great movie, btw. Review in my journal). And, of course, that leads us to Cap'n Jack Sparrow. Woohoo.

BB, you can get avatars from other places by either hitting "browse" where you select the avatar and finding it on your computer or by typing in the address online where your avatar can be found. I hope that helps.

I finally have an avatar!! I got the idea from a comment my friend made in her liveJournal. The "Mexi-CAN" reference is an old joke, I think, but we were referring to Once Upon a Time in Mexico (great movie, btw. Review in my journal). And, of course, that leads us to Cap'n Jack Sparrow. Woohoo.

...why do I have a feeling that a bunch o' the roads o' late keep wanderin' right back towards that bloody Bird????

Not that he's a bad find..but...

Uy. Right nutter 'e is...an' he gets distracted by shiny things far too easy. Never take 'm anywhere that somethin' is sparklin' I tell ye.

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

Me avatar be tha infamous, after me own 'eart scallywag hellion, Calvin of tha Calvin and Hobbes comic strip. Jus pyrated 'im up a bit!!!!

The pirate Knifehand Ken captured many galleons, killing over five-hundred men in cold blood. He would tear the captains hearts out and swallow them whole. Often forcing his victims to eat their own lips.