Aging a Baldric?

Mick MacAnselan

Wiping down the leather with a cotton ball DAMPENED with rubbing alcohol will get rid of the surface shine of a new piece of leather. You may then oil the leather (to protect it), and wipe away any excess oil... the belt, baldric, etc. will begin to take on a used hue...

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

• 1 month later...
Wiping down the leather with a cotton ball DAMPENED with rubbing alcohol

You can also use rubbing alcohol instead of water to wet mould leather..... My baldric has a holster sewn on it's front, but the leather is a realy thick water bufffelo hide (I traided some garb for a chunka conveyer belt) but I couldn't form the thick leather without moulding it..... so a friend sujested rubbing alcohol instead of water, and it worked better than I expected..... Also the leather was so thick, that I had to use a drill instead of a hole punch..... but the resulting baldrick is "bulletproof" :huh: