Pirate Ship on Ebay!

I just want it to put in the back yard. Take out the pool, dig a bigger hole and sink her into the water line. What a play toy! A shame she's too big to mount on a bus chassis. I was doing "art cars" before anybody even knew what they were... first one was a tank built out of a 62 Ford Galaxie... Ah, them were the days - sheet metal, Bondo and imagination...

-- The Captain

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I'd like to know how a boat, stated as being worth over 200 grand two years ago, is now a piece of timber waiting for a match worth only 5 grand. BTW, there's now two bids on the junk.

About that 'bridge' for sale :rolleyes: ...Words be words, I'd have to see a 'not for insurance' survey by a reputable surveyor to believe the vessel was ever 'worth' 200K...get real folks....take a quqlified tool for wooden boat survey; an icepick or an awl, and see how deep it goes in the 'wood' that's left.....almost any penetration, not firm hardness, and you've got total dryrot.............

About that 'bridge' for sale :rolleyes: ...Words be words

Those were my exact thoughts......... That thing looks like its been sittin dead in the water for a LONG time yet the seller quotes "Hull is solid with maybe a few bad boards...." Uh... yea... right... just look at the patching that has already been done on it, the rubs from a dock on the side. Look at the "deck" and all the ripped out wood, but hey, they left the toilet,a sink, and a paint roller for the lucky buyer!. The engine looks like its been rigged and the prop looks like an ad for Barnacle Bill.

But then again... it would make good for target practice or a nice "fireship".....

The two happiest days in a boat owner's life... the day he buys the boat, and the day he sells it!

Often the same day!!! :rolleyes:

But then again... it would make good for target practice or a nice "fireship".....

A pirate worth his salt pirateWink.gif wouldn't touch this ship wreck thing icon8.gif with a 10 feet boat hook - let alone waste a torch on it!

banner.jpg

"The floggings will continue until morale improves!"

The offical outcome....

Winning bid:  US $9,102.00

Wonder if the person who bid $9,100.00 is kicking himself or thanking himself at this point.   :rolleyes:

If 'e ain't kickin' yet, 'e will be!..Most reputable boat haulers won' touch it...Surely there'll be a gypo trucker in Fla. that'll step up, but the 'regulars' don' like haulin' even well found wooden boats...Now, the rigger's that'll come with the crane rental.....they'll 'ave a good laff in the bar afterwards! :lol::lol::lol: ..besides, another ten k an' I'da called it a good downpayment on a well found vessel I have on the market!