Pirate Ship on Ebay!

Kinda makes me wish I had a little money stashed away... This hull has *some* potential with a little work. In any case, it's not something you see every day on Ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...4503937299&rd=1

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

Me too mate. She needs a lot of TLC but she'd be fun to play with. It kills me that she's just a few leagues away from me too. Gonna see if I can find out where it's located in Tampa and swing down to view her up close before Clearwater...

-- The Captain

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

The seller informed me that two different buyers are flying into Cape Coral to bid on her Friday. If it's still there Saturday I'm third in line to see 'er in person. Too bad. But at $5000, she still has lots of potential as a great pirate party boat, even with the rerigging - and no, she's not a sailing vessel, she's motored.

-- The Captain

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I'm hoping the Royaliste will post and give some insight on how much $$$ it would take to remast and rig for sails. If those aren't working masts, I'd imagine quite a cost to get just the lumber itself. . . I can't tell from the photos what they really are. They look like telephone poles, actually. : )

It's still pretty cool, though.

-Jennifer

"Let them eat cake. No wait, kill 'em all instead, and plunder the cake for yourself. Mmmmm, cake. . ."

I guy on the PirateBrehtern Yahoo group summed it up best. This is a hole in the ocean to throw money into...

However....

He did have a great idea. Buy it, tow it out to sea. Have a party on it and then....

Blast it out of the water with the Kalmar Nykal.

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

I'm hoping the Royaliste will post and give some insight on how much $$$ it would take to remast and rig for sails. If those aren't working masts, I'd imagine quite a cost to get just the lumber itself. . . I can't tell from the photos what they really are. They look like telephone poles, actually. : )

It's still pretty cool, though.

Myself and several members of the Wooden Boat Magazine forum 'ave mulled this 'n over..for about 60 seconds, long enuff for the opinion of 'where's the marshmallows?' (an ancient rite, performed by groups of wooden ship owners, not enjoyed by modern flubberglass owners).. No respectable shipwright would take this one on, you need to have a vision of completion in your mind's eye even to begin.We generally hate to impune any floatin' vessel, as 'one man's castle'..etc., but..this 'n ain't floatin' so..If you do the work, most likely100k just to float..30k in canvas, minimum...the 'Rondezvous' in Monterey looks 'spiffy', and needs 500k....(in comparison).. Those of you who have helped in any replanking or framing on the Royaliste will understand the labor AND expense involved...A used powerplant will run 5k for a Cat or Detroit, 3k for a used Perkins.. It is considered the same as most sailboats with an engine, name 'Auxillary sailing vessel'...Doubt even a miracle could make her CG certified nowadays..decent shipbuilders mahogany(5/4 or 6/4) for underwater planking runs around 80 bucks for a 12 footer, and by the looks of it, theres a forest of replanking necessary. Spars are the hard part, as no matter how reasonable you may find them, they are all long, and require a full size 40' to haul 'em down the road. Imagine hauling a pair or three of full grown spruce or doug fir from Canada to Florida and the cost. Lastly, as far as 'haulin' it off and'..... Been there, done that..it's a rather large federal law covering polluting U.S. waters for 20 some miles, and I doubt it'd make it that far to put a round in it..Disney might want it for a fireship!

:ph34r:

Too much money to make the boat seaworthy.

HOWEVER, there are those out there who do like to restore stuff. Just look at all the people who have purchased falling apart homes to restore (Hey I watch the Home and Garden channel a lot) and put far more money into restoring than what the home was worth when bought.

So there may be someone out there willing to take on such a project as restoring the boat, but it's not me!

What BOAT really stands for: Back Out Another Thousand :)

Rumba Rue

** :ph34r: **

Too much money to make the boat seaworthy.

HOWEVER, there are those out there who do like to restore stuff. Just look at all the people who have purchased falling apart homes to restore (Hey I watch the Home and Garden channel a lot) and put far more money into restoring than what the home was worth when bought.

So there may be someone out there willing to take on such a project as restoring the boat, but it's not me!

What BOAT really stands for:  Back Out Another Thousand    :)

Rumba Rue

** :ph34r: **

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

..That said, the sea has ne'er rotted a vessel away; that be the work 'o fresh water with bacteria and fungal spores, as salt water be symbiotic with wooden ships. This one has seen toooo much mother nature out 'o the water, meanin' total restoration, which is infinitely more expensive than even new construction in vessel restoration. It takes a rather 'historic' ship for such an undertaking. We are finishing up on the Thayer here in S.F....Big bucks, no whammy, mates....'ere's the marshmallows, who's bringin' the graham crackers???

Pretty much as I thought. . . just for the cost of buying sails alone, you could probably find a lovely boat that needed only reasonable work.

Just looked for a nice Rosborough, but can't find one. Last one I saw was about $70K, in great shape.

-Jennifer

"Let them eat cake. No wait, kill 'em all instead, and plunder the cake for yourself. Mmmmm, cake. . ."

Even when new, I'll wager that was a clunky-lookin barge. From the looks of it in the pictures, I'd bet in an earlier life it was a 40 foot whale boat or captain's gig. USN surplus-- Most of the forecastle and stern cabin look to have been tacked on at some date later than the hull's original construction.

It looks like a total waste of time and dubloons.

Now, I have this bridge--in really good shape-- only used by old ladies in tennis shoes to cross from Brooklyn to New York on Sundays.....

Never give up--Never surrender!

Remember -- A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

Live while yer alive--an' when yore dead be done with it!

Even when new, I'll wager that was a clunky-lookin barge. From the looks of it in the pictures, I'd bet in an earlier life it was a 40 foot whale boat or captain's gig. USN surplus-- Most of the forecastle and stern cabin look to have been tacked on at some date later than the hull's original construction.

It looks like a total waste of time and dubloons.

Now, I have this bridge--in really good shape-- only used by old ladies in tennis shoes to cross from Brooklyn to New York on Sundays.....

Read me mind on the whaleboat, but I'll pass on the 'bridge'....I build 'em, (if'n ye find a buyer, I'll sell ye a quantity! :rolleyes: )