Aztec coins ...

Frustrated beyond belief... my e-mail inbox was wiped clean (Comcast seems to do this every few months)...

Harbormaster, "info and transaction" sent -- hope it worked, but my regular e-mail is screwy as can be right now.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

when i took a culture class i thought i learned that the aztec didnt make coins

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

they did not make coins.., however early on in the new world the spaniards did coinage using a leonardo davinci method called striking., and they did it in south america to the Aztec gold they stole before shipping it back to spain. Along with striking they also poured it into sand for approximate weight bars., ugly but heavy and valuable and left a mark in it as well. Yes the "Aztec Coin is a Disney concept for a plot., but what a cool design it is. An Aztec design on the back and an Aztec Calendar on the front modified with a skull...., interesting!

I have collected several coins Peru and Panama as well as the Philippines for example all share the Spanish coat of arms on the back of all the coins..., only the face being individual to the country of origin.

Where ever Spain went so was the money.

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

thank you for the clarification of that i kept reading my book and it made me confused

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

• 2 weeks later...

I got me Aztec cursed coin from the good HarborMaster and it is fan-bloody-tastic! I too was delighted with the weight of it, like holding a real piece of gold.

Ye done good, mate. Thank'ee kindly. :ph34r:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

• 2 weeks later...

You Bet ! ., and as we all know patience is a virtue.., they are pretty nice tho aint they !!!

Roma1.jpg

These just got here.

Silver1.jpg

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Just got our coins in from HarborMaster and GOD DAMNED! I'm impressed....the ammount of detail is amazin'! :)

Good show mate! B)

Got here just in time for FLaRF's Pirate Invasion this weekend too! B)

• 2 weeks later...

A super big thanks to everyones patience and trust that followed thru on the Coin.,as well as your opinions of the detail.

I wish I did...,have another for you .,the last of them are gone :blink: (

I kinda miss them but there a bit spendy for small casting numbers.., I should call them and find out how much for a BIG quantity., divide it into lots and see if anyone is interested in that?., then I and others who wanted some could have a thin top layer in our chests for more reasonable. ARRRRRRRRRG ! I think I will make the call tho monday just to find out how high I gotta go to get a break.

Depending on the support here on the board., If we can drum up some interterest in enough to do a run again., I would be willing to do it.

If anyone is interested I will start compiling a list now...., PM me for Silver or RomaGold..., Depending on how many are on the list if we can go.

I will keep this thread informed. Also be aware it takes 4 to 6 weeks to get my order back.

The Roma is accurate in color .,and will look great on a strip of leather..., but The Silver is Awesome ! Better in several ways. for example a real heavy duty silver chain is cheap to buy and will go well with it !!!

I guess its a choice., Choose both I did !