Unusual Whale found in Brisbane, Australia

Isabella

Guest SirenSong

Wow! That is truly amazing. I wish they had shown a picture of it. Id love to have seen it. Aye the world is so vast who knows what all is out there . I still believe in Big Foot and UFO's..Why not? Stranger things have been known to happen and I think there are things out there just waiting to be found. Makes you just want to explore and see what you can find. How amazing that there are things out there to just pop up sometimes to remind us how special and rare the world and it's inhabitants are.

If you'd like to see something truly unbelievable, check this out:

The Infamous Exploding Whale

The webpage explains it just fine, but suffice to say that, thirty years ago on the coast of Oregon, a dead whale washed up on shore. Not knowing how else to get rid of it, the brillant authorities (you just KNOW that this was a guy's idea) decided to bury a bunch of dynamite next to it and blow it up. Needless to say, it didn't go very well. You can read all about it at that link -- and there's even a video to watch ... believe me, there is no more hilarious sight on the internet than this video. Definitely download the high resolution one, 'cause it's well worth the wait.

Use dynamite to get rid of it, honestly ... :D:ph34r::ph34r::D

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

Those who live by the sword, get shot instead.

captainjackisback.jpg

Aye, the world is full of strange things. Actually this year we had crop circles show up in Peebles, Ohio across the road from Serpents Mound. If you haven't been there, it's worth investing. Not only do I love the place, the energy is amazing. It's about an hour from where I live in the middle of no where.

I used to work as an alternative healer for a while, with the possibly of going back to it. I've gotta wait to her about the new job. I believe in Star People, ghosts, UFOs and unusual things. Heck, one of the best jobs I had was working as a phone pychic, that brought in unusual folks, but the calls were always really rewarding. Yeah the money was good, but it was honestly the people that interested me more. :)

Even if my stummock could handle it, I couldn't watch them blowing up a whale. I'm too animal sensative. I used to cry over road kill.

Thanks! The ocean is vast and there's no doubt in my mind there are speicies yet to be found.

Rumba Rue

**Hey I belive in UFO's too** :)

Aye! Remember the coelecanth (lung fish?). Scientists were convinced it had been extinct for millions of years: until fishermen netted a live specimen in the 20th century!

There are some strange things out there, shipmates.... :rolleyes:

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

Aye, the world is full of strange things. Actually this year we had crop circles show up in Peebles, Ohio across the road from Serpents Mound. If you haven't been there, it's worth investing. Not only do I love the place, the energy is amazing. It's about an hour from where I live in the middle of no where.

The Serpent Mound is located on an unique geologic magnetic high anomally. Origin theories of this magnetic high range from meteor impact to upwellling of magma & gases. There is a form of altered quartz found there that has been found at other meteor impact craters.

The mound itself is dead-center on this magnetic high. I find it intriquing that the ancients built the structure on this geologic anomally, and built the serpent with solstic and equinox alignments . It has similarities with Stonehenge being constructed at the intersection of ley lines. On my visit there, I was struck by an intense vibration in my forehead which lasted several minutes.