POTC Figures update...

Iron Bess

:ph34r: I like the teeth... but I suppose given the choice between two items my fate is always to choose the cheesier of the two! I am really happy with the phrases though... but how come neither of them says "Why's the rum gone?"

By all means, kill the whelp!

...or at least give him a good flogging. Better yet, let me do it.

Flogger * Pyrates of the Coast

Bloodthirsty Novelist

Pyrate Adventuress

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know...for kids!

Just like the child-friendly and "naughty" version of the Austin Powers sound chips in the figs. (So long as the kids we're protecting don't stay up past 8pm and watch TV, that is.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

My mom said the same thing -- that it didn't say the line for the sake of the kids... but Smilin' Jack comes with a rum bottle (and it is even described as such on the packaging.) That's what you'd call ironic, I suppose.

Bloodthirsty Novelist

Pyrate Adventuress

T'was a difficult decision, but I cancelled my order through Amazon. The release date of their shipping was really ridiculious. Plus the fact when I really thought about it, I really didn't need it, and again, no room.

Better stick to the stuff I do need as opposed to want.

Rumba Rue

**Thinking realistically for me** :ph34r:

As with the Jack figure, for me looking at the pic isn't good enough. Ohhh...beautiful astrolabe...

IMHO, anything that makes you happy isn't useless. Although admittedly the costing money and taking up space part is still a factor.

Bloodthirsty Novelist

Pyrate Adventuress

I'm glad the Barbossa one will be a lot less! A hell of a lot less actually! I had heard how the Jack dolls sound and wasn't impressed. Doesn't really sound like him. Some does and then some doesn't. I can't wait til they release the Barbossa one, woo-hoo! :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

That's beacuse it isn't him. Heh. I thought it was a fair imitation, however, and it sounds way more like him than the LOTR ones sound like their actors. Looks like him, though. Plus I like being able to have a hands-on 3D model of his outfit since I'm trying to make my own custom doll to match the Will Turner one I did.

Wait, who told you I was using it as a paperweight? :lol: On the plus side, I haven't lost a paper yet!

Bloodthirsty Novelist

Pyrate Adventuress

LOL those big floppy swashbucklin' boots hold down the bills good, don't they? :)

Christine, I can't wait for Barbossa and the Skeleton Pirate either. Actually I'll get the whole line of the smaller size figures. The Jack figure is the same as the 18" figure, just smaller and without the voice chip.

Now that I know it's not actually Johnny's voice I definitely won't get the 18" ones. :lol:

newbannersigtar0db.gif

I'm just glad they only made Jack in the 18" size because no doubt I'd have had to have a Barbossa if they did him as well. I'm just happy they're making any at all. That movie came out when? Guess they're trying to keep up interest until the sequels are released.

I almost wish they weren't making sequels. I fear they won't stand up to the original...

Bloodthirsty Novelist

Pyrate Adventuress

Cool paperweight Enigma! Very talented indeed.

All I can say about my situation is thank goodness I live in a small apartment, it keeps the 'stuff' down to managable size. Gawd if I ever win the lottery....geesh I don't even want to think about it! :lol:

Rumba Rue

**Despite the cost of living have you noticed how popular it remains?**

I'm with Christine & Joshua there ... eager, but trying to be patient for when the little Barbossa figure comes out. :: le sigh:: B)

<_<

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Finally!

I am glad to announce that my smiling Captain Jack Sparrow figure arrived here in Germany after only two weeks on preorder. The price was practically the same as if I had bought it in the US, although I was prepared to spend considerably more, given my location.

Actually, I am happy that I got one at all, as they will soon be considered an investment and subsequently rise in price.

banner.jpg

"The floggings will continue until morale improves!"

I received me Smiling Jack and Serious Jack today...

I'm not a "doll" person or a hard core Depp fan, just a humble piratess. (though I do appreciate a craftsman's work) and we spent a hilarious evening below decks, changing out his effects and trying to think of new places on his person to stow the extra hand. I admit we're easily amused.

Did anyone notice just where the motion sensor is located? Hint.... it's not in his noggin... :ph34r:

He looks nice, standing next to me model of the Bounty... One of those next !!! (or so a little bird told me)

:ph34r:

Stormfeathersiggycopy.jpg

we spent a hilarious evening below decks, changing out his effects and trying to think of new places on his person to stow the extra hand. I admit we're easily amused.

And to think I left the extra hand in the box! Must be slippin'...

I crammed the rum bottle into the still-attached hand even though I like the Jack-fingers hand better. Still, a nice creepy accessory.

Surprised they didn't make him with a detachable nose, heh. Oh, wait, that was just Depp's idea that didn't make it into the film.

Bloodthirsty Novelist

Pyrate Adventuress

12 hours later and still playing with me Jack dolly!

His extra hand looks nice as a feather in his cap!

Perhaps I'll sew a little ditty bag, so he can keep it hand-y... think I have some old canvas araound here that will do.

A MacKenzie doll with shootable eyeball and target! (and usable fork)....One of those next. :(

Stormfeathersiggycopy.jpg