POTC Figures update...

Iron Bess

Well now, seems that being in the right place at the right time can serve us well!

I met a rather rougish and charming lad over last weeks end (at the Make A Wish Pumpkin sale really... :( ) who just so happens to be the lad that is sculpting the new POTC fugural dolls.

Imagine that. :(

He was having a wee bit of trouble getting the pictures he needed so I set him up with a few people and now his life is good!

Heh heh.... talked about what figures they are making.... (a bit of eye rolling)

I be willing to share I be! :(

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How cool! Funny ol' world ain't it? lol! I take it that event went really well? Still wish I had been able to make it. I don't know if my friend Emily even went. Haven't talked to her since that weekend. Hmmm.... :(

Hey, Bess, got a question for ya, somewhat off topic: did Disney ever make Cheshire cat plushies? If so, would Disney Store have them or are they only available at the theme parks?

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

In the Toy Review article back in July, they mentioned that the 1st series they were putting out Jack, Will, Barbossa & a cursed pirate. But for the 2nd they were not sure yet.. but were thinking about Pintel & Ragetti... possibly Elizabeth... a cursed Jack... a cursed Barbossa... & someone else. though... Norrington would be a good choice as well. :)

They have to immortalize everyone. Like Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, Star Wars, etc.

LOL.. how many figurines have Johnny been immortalized as? :huh:

The Black Pearl would be nice to get our hands upon also. :)

:huh:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Oooooo! Bess you are SOOOO cool! I have no idea how many times people tell you that... but YOU ROCK!

So, yes.. please tell us the details.. inquiring pirates want to know. :)

:lol:

• 1 month later...

I just picked up the Smilin' Jack figure tonight and was impressed at the number of lines from the movie he says (even if its not actually Johnny Depp, it sounds just like him) ...does anyone have the Serious Jack figure, and would ye be so kind to post here what lines he says, so I can decide how badly I need two of these things or if I can be content with the one I have...?

:ph34r:

By all means, kill the whelp!

...or at least give him a good flogging. Better yet, let me do it.

Flogger * Pyrates of the Coast

Bloodthirsty Novelist

Pyrate Adventuress

Mine is precariously balanced on top of my computer after having taken a not so graceful dive from the first place I attempted to balance him. No room for it either, but I couldn't resist, mate.

I liked Smilin' Jack since you can see the gold teeth, heh.

Bloodthirsty Novelist

Pyrate Adventuress

Hey, Bess, got a question for ya, somewhat off topic: did Disney ever make Cheshire cat plushies? If so, would Disney Store have them or are they only available at the theme parks?

Cheshire cat plushies have been available at both TDS and WDW. :D

Bloodthirsty Novelist

Pyrate Adventuress

Arrgghhhh! While some of you already got you Jack dolls, I got a message from Amazon that they won't be shipping their orders until after Jan. 15th!

Gosh, that whole set looks mighty interesting, but to tell the truth, I have no where in my home to put it! Booo-hooooo!

Rumba Rue

** :D **

Well, the Disney Store closest to me told me they were out. They said I should keep checking when they'll get in some more. When I was last at Disneyland, this past Halloween, I found them there. I actually was not impressed with the way they look. Oh, well. Next time I wear my Alice in Wonderland costume I'll wear a sign for those who can't figure out who I am. "I am Alice in Wonderland! Not Dorothy, not Snow White and not Little Bo Beep, but Alice!" Sheesh! lol!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I got a message from Amazon that they won't be shipping their orders until after Jan. 15th!

I guess that means I'll have a few late Christmas presents.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

Well, the Disney Store closest to me told me they were out. They said I should keep checking when they'll get in some more. When I was last at Disneyland, this past Halloween, I found them there. I actually was not impressed with the way they look. Oh, well. Next time I wear my Alice in Wonderland costume I'll wear a sign for those who can't figure out who I am. "I am Alice in Wonderland! Not Dorothy, not Snow White and not Little Bo Beep, but Alice!" Sheesh! lol!

They did some "large beanie style" ones at WDW that weren't very good, I agree, but a few years back TDS had nice ones. They change merchandise so fast that if you don't grab something when you see it, its gone. Maybe you can find one of the old ones on ebay.

I have a Victorian style Cheshire cat pillow that's actually blue instead of pink. Since its non-Disney it would probably only make your costume more confusing. :D

But just to get the thread back on topic, I'll add that the Talking Jack Sparrows are gorgeous and worth the wait for those of you who have to wait. Otherwise I know they're in Spencers and Suncoast. Seen them at both.

Bloodthirsty Novelist

Pyrate Adventuress

I've been to the Suncoast & both the Spencers here in CR... & alas, no Jack. & from what they tell me.. no one here will carry them. :huh: :: Shakes head::: I've no idea if they are lying to me, or if someone, somewhere is beng a huge butthead. :huh:

If I get them, I'm a damn lucky lady. If not, wouldn't surprise me. I tell ya, I've very bad luck!

:huh:

You know, I was on another pirate board where they talked incessantly about POTC and they never mentioned figures! I'm glad I stopped in here. I found at least 3 each of both Smilin' and Serious Jack (18" version) at Media Play. I bought the serious version as even when he's supposedly serious, Depp is clearly not serious.

While I wouldn't call it beautiful (for some reason), I will say it's beautifully RENDERED with great attention to detail. The weapons are rather cheap, though, so be careful with them. I broke the gun guard putting it in his hand the first time.

To those thinking about pre-ordering the smaller figures...I sort of advise against it from personal experience. You often pay more and sometimes end up waiting longer, so unless the figures are going to be HTF (like short packed or high demand...and I personally don't see that happening for POTC figs released almost two years after the movie), I'd wait for the actual release.

For series 2, I'd like a cursed Jack and Barbossa. And a cursed Pintel & Ragetti. Come to think of it, a cursed anyone would be just fine. An Elizabeth would be nice I suppose. (Most likely she'll be in series 3 or beyond if series' 1 and 2 sell well enough to justify more figs...female AFs generally don't sell as well as male AFs.)

OryginalCinn, Serious Jack PROBABLY says the same things as this looks like your typical AF variation knock off to suck collectors in to buying two figures based mostly on one mold. For the record, however, he says:

"I'm Captain Jack Sparrow." (WHAT?! No "Savvy"?!)

"Can you sail under the command of a pirate...or can you not?"

"I'm going after the Black Pearl. I know where it's going to be...and I'm gonna take it."

"I swear on pain of death, I shall take you to the Black Pearl."

"Do you have the courage and fortitude to follow orders and stay true in face of almost certain death?"

"To the Black Pearl!"

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

OryginalCinn. serious Jack PROBABLY says the same things as this looks like your typical AF figure variation knock off to suck collectors in to buying two figures based mostly on one mold. For the record, however, he says:

"I'm Captain Jack Sparrow." (WHAT?! No "Savvy"?!)

"Can you sail under the command of a pirate...or can you not?"

"I'm going after the Black Pearl. I know where it's going to be...and I'm gonna take it."

"I swear on pain of death, I shall take you to the Black Pearl."

"Do you have the courage and fortitude to follow orders and stay true in face of almost certain death?"

"To the Black Pearl!"

Ooooh, actually it seems they have an almost completely different set of phrases. Smilin Jack says:

I'm Captain Jack Sparrow, savvy?

You seem somewhat familiar. Have I threatened you before?

Not all treasure is silver & gold, mate.

Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man who can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly.

Welcome to the Caribbean, love.

On deck you scabrous dogs...[etc, etc]..bring me that horizon.

Now I'm tempted to get Serious Jack as well, but as it is Smilin Jack doesn't have a place to fit into my room... maybe if they make too many and I can find it discounted after Christmas...

Anyway, THANKS for posting the dialogue!

Bloodthirsty Novelist

Pyrate Adventuress

Hmm. I like your quotes better. You get "Savvy?"

But those teeth! As good as the fig is, they just don't have sculpting and painting teeth down to a science yet. Even in 18" scale.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG