Cutthroat Island

BLACK SKOT

Cool stuff, but keep in mind that all the really good stuff got sold several years back. I know, because I was there in person !!!

Most of the stuff, unfortunately, was badly stored in leaky outdoor shelters and was baled up tightly in bundles which got wet from rain and stayed wet for quite a while. You can see evidence of this by the rust and mildew stains on some of the items. Much of the items have rotted from staying wet for so long, and the fabric is weak.

The film was made in Thailand and Malta, and most of the extras were small people, and a lot of the costuming is in little-bitty sizes. However, you could get lucky and wind up with something nice. The workmanship is top quality on most of the things I looked at, and I wear the items I bought frequently.

>>>>> Cascabel

I must agree there with Cascabel. The finer pieces have been auctioned off already. This, as they say, is the bottom of the barrel (or bale) in terms of collectability or use. These are background, background extra pieces. While nice, they're not really worth what they're going for right now, unless you support the cause they're going for right now. A trip to the right fabric store and a pattern can replicate these for far less.

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Smelling like mold and mildew sounds like it would be a great addition to a real pirates wardrobe. Too bad I'm broke otherwise I might have scored some new threads.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

I know two people who bought costumes from the movie when they first went up for auction many years ago.

Yes they are TINY! Unless you have a very thin frame, forget it!

And I have no doubt they are the costumes that couldn't be sold in the first place.

Rumba Rue

** :lol: **

You can, however, get some nice artifacts from Hook, including the billiard table and the two dressers in the children's rooms. The cannons went last week for $154.00 for the two of them from Hook's ship. They wouldn't ship them though - tried.

Type, hook, movie as the search phrase. Sony is the one liquidating so it is the real stuff. They also have a really nice coat the waistcoat from A Knights Tale which would be very nice period garb.

-- The Captain

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

i got a couple of costumes from ct last year.

yeah..they have a little musty odor & rust stains, but i don't care

adds to being authentic, i think. lol

i wear mine alot, so far everything is ok. i've had to resew on some buttons, but thats it. and i get tons of compliments.

if you click on my name, i'm wearing one of them in my personal photo.

good luck

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

Yes, they can be real finds. I have some from the first two auctions and I wear them all the time. They are very well made...

The Captain

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Paisley Darling, That picture doesn't do you or the garb any justice. In person on her, they look great. Worn and distressed spots and edges, a little rust from the grommets, very cool. Fits her to a tee.

i got a couple of costumes from ct last year. . . musty odor & rust stains. . .adds to being authentic. . .i wear mine alot, so far everything is ok. i've had to resew on some buttons, but thats it. and i get tons of compliments.

if you click on my name, i'm wearing one of them in my personal photo.

I know about... last year or so, they were auctioning off Dawg's flag. Very nice.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

Stynky Tudor Posted on Oct 24 2004, 10:20 AM

Paisley Darling, That picture doesn't do you or the garb any justice. In person on her, they look great. Worn and distressed spots and edges, a little rust from the grommets, very cool. Fits her to a tee.

*blushes

why thank ye stynky

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones