A Seabag

Gutterpunk13

A really nice book entitled 'The Marlinspike Sailor' gives excellent examples of ways to decorate your dittybag. As a rule, seabags, seachests, and dittybags were a sailor's art, therefore, best done by your own onesies, mate.......Left over canvas, some wax thread, and a knowledge of sailor's knots makes one really swell kitbag.

Thank ye kindly , now does anyone know how or where i could get patterns for a nice same period seachest?

Thanks

<_<

John

Same book,mate!..Altho, now a seachest was a very personal item, and the knotwork for the handles alone will take you weeks to make...that was sorta the idea, nice, and took up idle time at sea to make..........

Dang.... everything I could find on Seacheast... only said they were about 14 to 17 inches tall.... and heavely reenforced so with rough handling they wouldn't "break......... OK and the sailors spent a lot of time decorating the bails / handles of them,,,,,,,,

some of the stuff that was once used by sailors.... dang... can't find good info on it.......

such as.......... what size were hamocks........

dang some dementions on this stuff has to be out there someplace...........

Try Tuckahoe Trading Company

http://www.tuckahoetradingco.com/accouterments.html

They make some of the items that you mention. They are about as period correct as you could want.

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!