Any Pirate PC games worth their salt?

I probably should have searched the archives but for this first but, too late I already hit the new post button.

I was in the computer games section of my BX/PX and saw several Pirate themed PC games....

before I take the plunge, does anyone have a game they reccomend?

They had Tropico, Port Royale, Pirate Hunter and maybe a few more. All in the $18 range.

Suggestions?

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Well, the best games in the world ever have to be Monkey Island and Monkey Island 2. They truly are classics, the daddy of all Lucasarts adventure games. I like hack and slach games much as the next man, but when it comes to it, the point and click monkey island games are great.

I don't know how you can get hold of them nowadays (a trouble I'm having), as you can't download them despite their age, and you don't seem to be able to buy them anywhere either. There are also Monkey Islands 3 and 4, but I've never played them, and the fourth doesn't look as good (although it seems to be the only one you can still buy).

Anyway, tell us what you decide, and if you do find the monkey games, please tell me where!

Hey GOF, you're site has helped me so much in getting my kit together, now I'll return the favor with my expertise in this area.

Best advice? WAIT until Nov. 16 when Sid Mier's LONG anticipated remake of Pirates! is released. Go to www.pirates2.com for more info.

But if you need something to tide you over, try Port Royale 2, just released a month or so ago.

If you can find it, look for a copy of Cutthroats: Terror on the High Seas, it's kinda buggy, but is just about the best thing out there for a true pirate sim. Try a google search.

Tropico 2 is fun, but it's really just another building RTS with pirate trim. Hope this helps!

Oh, and if you want more info on games, visit www.piratesahoy.net. Great community there that loves to help out.

:huh:

Josh

newbannersigtar0db.gif

Have you seen all the build up for

Pirates of the Burning Sea?

I think its going to be a online multi player game. But seems to be stuck in the doldrums of programming.

Should be cool though

GOF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

I always be likin PIrates Gold fer Sega Genesis, but now we be talkin really old school.

That's the Sega version of Sid Meir's Pirates.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

To cap'n Alex.

I'd be willing to post you a copy of the M I collection (sorry, "Backup copy")

but some time last year i leant them to a "friend" and despite repetitive questioning and phone calls, i've never seen them since.

About pirate games. I've never had a computer capable of playing high tech games, but I played "Redguard", and whilst not exactly piratey you do get to walk around looting and killing things with a sabre.

Damn ye bilge-drinking swine! with all yer comp-yu-tahs and tech-no-whiz!

one day, when i'm wealthy and glorious, I will buy one of them new computers and I WILL watch videos with it, and I WILL use the net without crashes and I WILL do all those other things that people spend time doing...

(sure I will, sometime between buying my dream boat and becoming sexiest man of the year :huh: )