What does ye think?

Ichigo

for one thing... ninja's timeframe and the golden age of piracy are two completely different things...

trying to cross ninjas and pirates together is like mixing a chocolate brownie with a steamy pile of horse shite and trying to call it a dutch chocolate cake.

(the ninjas being the horse shite in this example...)

Here's a similar question....

do you think there were any cowboy ballet dancers?

or how about a viking astronaut?

see my point?

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

Is not the idea of ninjas to do whatever Mr Big tells you to? (plus all the honour and Bushido (if someone mentions Samurai i'll beat them senseless and break their sinful fingers, no one knows what ninjas are anyway)

and pirates are more into the. If the government won't give me a good job, i'll beat the crap out of everyone and loot everything

And looking at this here map, Japan, where ninjas supposedly do their shopping, is, roughly, a BLOODY LONG WAY away from where the pirates like to do Their *shopping*

this is where someone mentions Japanese pirates, and I ignore them.

If you didn't want a logical response, then Pirates, because, well, Ninjas are sissy's who run around in the dark like ugly kids on E.

And if you're one of those people that obsesses over the pirate/ninja thing.

Visit a website containing the words "Lance" "and" "Eskimo"

Off topic: Sinbad has got to be the swankiest sailor this side of the arctic.

Actually.., Japan is not a long way from where Pirates were., there are still pirates in the southern Philippines., (Jolo., and Tawi-Tawi) ..,Indonesia really and lots of them.

However Mrs. Cheng was probably the most successful pirate of all time as she had over 4000 vessels in her flotilla......,a Chinese Pirate she was.

Now then., a Ninja was in fact looked upon as a coward even by Samurai. Who were in fact a brave characture.

The point is., Piracy began the first time someone invented a floating device......., Someone tried infact to take it away. Noah had to fight off many (people) trying to get onto his ark. Ceaser himself was said to be a pirate in his youth., and Rome did have to fight pirate off. Real Piracy has always been a problem . And Piracy exists today.

HarborMaster

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

...OK.... a ninja pirate......... ( with a +3 cutlass of slaying )

now what "ninja" skills would be usefull on a ship..... hide in shadows ?

"Aaaaaargh... now who be that funny fellow in the black pajamas...."

not ballet.... but the dancing cowboys in Oklahoma pops to mind...... eeeeeeeugh! 8p

Ok, in this regard...there were many rogue samuari...Ronin roamed the countryside. They were those that had been dismissed (for stubborness and indenpence) or lost their so-called master and allowed themselves to be hired out just to do someone's dirty deed. (The classic "The Magnificent Seven" was a remake of a Japanese film about seven Ronins) They were known for centuries for their skill in blade making...and even Europeans sought after those blades. It is also a fact that once they got their hands on a flintlock they, for a while created the best of them. (they always did have a rep of taking things and finding out how they worked then improved upon them...back then it was flints...today it is electronics...and please do not say I am stereotyping...I am going by history books...ok!)

However, one Shogun decided to try to take his country back a few centuries and confiscated all flints and tried to rely strickly on the blade. Of course it didn't work.

Once they decided time was passing them by and needed to come up to the modern age they quickly made up for lost time. Their warriors were brutal...the custom of taking a head as a prize...or if they felt they had been disgraced taking their own lives. They didn't believe in surrender. That custom was in the forefront all the way up to the twentith century...and some say still is under the curtain of culture even today. Which is why after their defeat in WWII the United States government insisted that they have in their consitution that they are not allowed to have a military. They have national police force...and can use them for defence purposes only. But, they are not suppose to have a conventional military. Even now, there is the fear that the way of the Samuari will rise up again. That is why there was an uproar recently, when it was suggested that they send some of their national police force to the mid east.

Did they have piracy during that time...yes, and were there samuari as pirates...yes, Might they have been involved with the Barbaries...probably.

So the golden age of Samuari and the golden age of Piracy were different. However wonder how things might have been if they were on the playing field in a major way together.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

to skip all the speculation and horribly violated history.

A Pirate-ninja-samurai-bhuddist-terroist-martian-jedi would win. problem solved, now we can all go bobbing for apples in rum.

Because I'm a pedant: Caeser was kidnapped by pirates, he never was one himself.

(Extra credit stuff: he convinced the pirates to INCREASE his ransom, then after it was paid, he tracked them down, killed them, and took everything back)

;):huh:;);):huh:;);):huh:;););););)

speculation can be fun...advances in anything is done because someone asked ...what if?

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

see my point?

You mean those not be true? Avast I need to hang me teachers from me yardarm!

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

oh lordy lordy lordy

i cant really invision any of the two colliding sorry and the whole pyrate ninja thing rediculous pyrate did have a code but it was more of something that you fallowed when you wanted to unlike ninja's whom are taught stict ideals and moral codes (boshido)

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

see my point?

You mean those not be true? Avast I need to hang me teachers from me yardarm!

*pats El Pirata on the back*

there there i'm sure theres a cowboy dancing right now to the nutcracker (lol....i'm sorry i cant type that word with a straight face)

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

Something just came to my attention.

if we ignore all the points about timelines and whatever else is bothering the historical types.

I'm sure most here have watched Pirates of the Carribean.

The "Cursed Crew of Barbossa" sneak onto the king's ship and do their nifty killing thing.

Whilst we all know POTC is hardly a reference source for anything, it could be argued that either

A. Ninjas COULD be used against pirates. Or

B. Pirates can do what ninjas do as well. (as far as i can tell, all they can do is be sneaky)

Hmm, third time i've replied in this post :huh:

Well, I'd have to say, that although I love the site www.realultimatepower.net (where, I am sure, this question originated), I'm not sure that it has any place on a specifically pro-pirate webpage. Because, you see, pirates are mean, and it is a well-known fact that ninjas, who are denser and have a heavier specific gravity than pirates, due to their cold, lead-like hearts, cannot swim. And pirates, with their peg legs and/or crutches, cannot sneak as nicely over the hardwood floors of japanese houses, although they can climb very handily with their hook-hands. I'd encourage everyone to read noted pirate/ninja historian Black Jack Wanatabe and his book "Black Masks And Black Hearts: The Age-Old Battles for Victory and Pre-Eminence in the Hearts of the World's 8-Year-Olds," where Captain Dr. Wanatabe discusses the uses of deadly poisons vs. deadly cannon. It's a very enlightening work.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum