Fort McHenry Day

Capt. Flint

On the weekend of Fri. through Sunday.. Fort McHenry will have it's usual celebration of the famous battle . There is a little happening on Friday, with the troops moving in and setting up the camp. Saturday is the big day. There are soldiers all over the place. All sorts of activites and stuff for the kiddies too. The day ends with a big fireworks celebtration. It isn't the biggest event in town, but, it is very very fun. Watching the flag raising is really special. It's more than just hoisting a flag up a pole. Anyone who can make this event will enjoy it. If anyone is planning on attending, give us a holler. We would love to see you there........ The Capt.

• 2 weeks later...

And while in Baltimore, All reenactors and visitors are encouraged to visit the USS Constellation, Last All Sail Ship of the US Navy (1854). I am Crew Chief (Master-at-Arms) aboard , and encourage you all to visit. I'll be the crew member with the crow on his sleeve, and the colt inside his cover. :ph34r:

USS Constellation Museum

:huh: Sadly, since I am working all weekend, I will not be able to get over to the fort. WEll maybe, since I live on Fort Ave. in blatimore, as well as working nearby, maybe I can sneek by in the am, before hading to work.

:huh: Also, if you are looking for a good Irish Pub in the evenings, I reccomend J. Patricks. It's the kind of pub where the crack is grand, Ceile dancing a few nights a week, and bring the kids. Rude/vulgar langiuage will get you escourted to the door by all the regulars, as well as the publican himself.

Mr Ullrich, Master & Commander

Chesapeake Picaroons,

Colonial Tory Provincial Privateers [/font]

Chesapeake Picaroons

• 2 weeks later...

Fort weekend is always fun. I'm really into living history, it is great to walk around and talk with the recreationists.

I haven't been to J. Patricks in a long time, probably 4 1/2 years. They used to have Celli Dancing lessons on Wednesday nights. Do they still do that? I think I may have to go again one day to show off the reason I stopped dancing. She is now almost 4 years old!

Katey O'T

Let us know about the event, all ye who attend. I'm also interested in this, (one of the first) of our many ''forgotten wars", especially since I'm just a few miles upriver from the site of the Battle of New Orleans.

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

• 3 weeks later...
I haven't been to J. Patricks in a long time, probably 4 1/2 years. They used to have Celli Dancing lessons on Wednesday nights. Do they still do that? I think I may have to go again one day to show off the reason I stopped dancing. She is now almost 4 years old!

Katey O'T

Of course there is still dancing, lass!

Why else would I reccomend it, unless it had music and dancing, as well as good people and good stout?

:lol:

Mr Ullrich, Master & Commander

Chesapeake Picaroons,

Colonial Tory Provincial Privateers [/font]

Chesapeake Picaroons