and THAT is definately MINE!

He he. :lol:

The Duchess

what are you talking about thats mine!

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

Yeah, you can have that, I don't want that. :(

Actually it was a, possibly obscure, referance to a BBC comedy called the Red Dwarf and it's character "the cat."

The Duchess

obscure to me but i'm sure someone got it

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

I just call them "Slops" as that was what the sailors back then called them. And no, "slops" are not just breeches, they're the whole garb. The only time that I know of where they were called slops were the 16th century sloppes which were the baggy knee breeches. However, late 17th and 18th century, I call the whole fitout slops, as they did, and the breeches "slop hose" according to Bailey's Dictionary (1736) who described them as " Slop Hose: A sort of widekneed breeches worn by seamen."

Cheers,

Adam C.

Slopmaker

Iron Bess's "m'rigging" pretty well captures all things pirate aye believe..,Including clothing.,cutlass or any other blades.,all fire arms and or any other piratical items dealing with ones nautical being....., I like it.., I stole it.., and now I am using it......., Thats right., I pirated it from Iron Bess. :( Thumbs up ta m'rigging .

:( HarborMaster :(

:(:D:D:D

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Gentleman, you're my hero. I was thinking the exact same thing! :huh:

Me, I call it all "clothing". I wear my "pirate clothing" or "pirate outfit" or "pirate kit".

Lesson time!

In the middle ages and Renaissance, the word "garb" meant the top of a stalk of grain, the head where the eatable part grows.

The word "costume" on the other hand can mean either an outfit to wear to pretend you're someone else (as in "Hallowe'en costume") or the clothing of a particular time and place (as in "the costume of 17th century Europe"). Both uses of this word are proper in this context.

So Charity, you just call your outfit whatever you like. Don't let anyone tell you what it is or isn't. It's YOURS above all. :huh:

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!