Cool picture

Toe Cutter

i cant stand the leading man so i disnt watch it

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

Nah my ex-boyo raved about it and we had very diffrent tastes

But why is the rum gone?

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

Nah my ex-boyo raved about it and we had very diffrent tastes

Since it really isn't a matter of 'taste', but the simple fact that the nation is on a wave of producing very credible motion pictures depicting 'period' Great Age of Sail, including our friends at Disney, besides Fox, then just wot the particular 'Bloody Bloomin' 'eck' are you doing on this website??...After all, it is primarily about pirates, sailors, and ships. ....Nice pic, you should watch it at least 30 times, judging by your level of experience.

The books top my list of all time favorites. Patrick O'Brian had a way with words unequaled by any modern writer. An amazing ability to portray a character, faults, glories, feelings, motivations, everything. And not just one character but shipfulls of characters. Not to mention the man has a prodigious vocabulary. There are words that I needed an unabridged dictionary to look up!

The movie while not at all true to the story line, is very true to the feeling and characters of the books.

The Duchess

i'm sorry for being negative today to all who seem to be rather pissed at me *shrug* and i'll give it a try

But why is the rum gone?

I absolutely LOVED that movie. It's pretty gosh darn accurate when it comes to sailing. (Even down to the accurate portrayal of the ships bells, 2, pause, 2, pause, 2, pause, 2) And it's a good tale too, you'll learn about the lesser of two "weevels". (Although the movie portrayal of a weevel I think is incorrect, I dont think it's a worm or a larva, I think its a beetle.)

Is that picure of the French ship the Acheron, or the HMS Surprise? Crow does a fine job as a "Master and Commander" it's well worth the time to watch if only for a learning experience if nothing else.

Nice pic, you should watch it at least 30 times, judging by your level of experience.

I don't get to the theatre much, too many unruly kids in there, and by the time a movie gets to video I have forgotten about it. I may go rent it tomorrow since I'm recovering from having all 4 wisdom teeth pulled this afternoon. ARRR should have had em out when I was younger.

:ph34r:

"They'll have to kill me before I die"

jollyroger.gif

I absolutely LOVED that movie. It's pretty gosh darn accurate when it comes to sailing. (Even down to the accurate portrayal of the ships bells, 2, pause, 2, pause, 2, pause, 2) And it's a good tale too, you'll learn about the lesser of two "weevels". (Although the movie portrayal of a weevel I think is incorrect, I dont think it's a worm or a larva, I think its a beetle.)

Is that picure of the French ship the Acheron, or the HMS Surprise? Crow does a fine job as a "Master and Commander" it's well worth the time to watch if only for a learning experience if nothing else.

We really like the guy in the beakhead takin' a 'constitutional' in the snow and ice of the Southern Ocean...........

Is that picure of the French ship the Acheron, or the HMS Surprise

It's the Surprise, in reality the HMS Rose, playing the part of the Surprise, or atleast thats what it said on the website where I got the pic.

"They'll have to kill me before I die"

jollyroger.gif

The picture is of the Acheron, from the scene where they're towing the Suprise into the fog bank... the Acheron fires one last broadside before the Suprise loses them in the fog.

I know the 'Rose' website says it's the CGI Rose, but that looks exactly like the scene I mentioned.

:ph34r:

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

Awesome !! Yea I loved it., Its here in me desk drawer., and whats wrong with Russell Crowe I thought he did an excellant job.

By the way I Rather be gettin looped in an easy chair watchin it on the Royaliste than sittin here watchin it !!! That would be the life no doubt !

Yea It was good.., I been lookin fora good deal on Mel Gibson in the Bounty as well., but really.., really what I wanna see is a re-enacted story about Ol' Iron Sides., Blastin the Guirrere and then the Hammering of Tripoli and the Barbary Coast !!! thar is a Great movie untold., in that ship!!!

:lol: HarborMaster :lol:

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

I don't like Russell Crowe, but that didn't stop me from going to see the movie. It was very good and it gave a pretty darn good look at life at the time at sea. POTC it's not, but the movie itself depicts the reality while POTC depicts the fantasy.

Having toured the HMS Rose/Surprise, I still remember touching the cannons and walking the decks and feeling the great admiration for such things. Every once in a while our local weathermen like to go down there with the ship in the background while giving reports on TV. Very nice indeed!

Rumba Rue

** :ph34r: **