Pirate garb coming together.

Firethorn

Aye, after many weeks of searchin' the web, I've come across some pirate garb that is within me budget and can git me started. I've ordered from several different sites hopin' to 'ave it all by Halloween so's I can dress up with me daughter, she'll be a pirate as well, she has one of those cheesy kid costumes, but she loves it anyway. I'll post a pic as soon as I can.....Arrrr! :lol:

PS. I'm still trying to decide on a vest or a jacket of some kind, any suggestions would be helpful. :lol:

Thanks!

wil22.gif

Avast ! Firethorn.,

Thats Awesome.,Yea I had to search alot to budjet things as well .,I am sure we all did., For me the coat came later. A shirt pants and sashe and a doo rag can go a long way..., A coats nothin without these first.

Glad to hear its coming along.,and takin' a kid out pirating with you is Cool.

Good dads are what its all about.,Keep us posted as you go., Me and the misses enjoy the Pubs photos alot.

:D HarborMaster :D

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

jacket would be better especially for going out at night trick or treaten cause that costumes can get bloody cold!

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

Hey firethorn,you should hold off on the jacket due to the cost and they are very hot.go for a dudlet...a good jacket (a.k.a. frock)would look better,but then again i could be cool on halloween night...

I made my on frock (sleveless) it looks of and cooler in the sumer at renn.as a matter of fact i was wairing it when we met at MDRF pirate weekend meetup.....

do you have boots yet????

"No matter where you go. There you are."

Hey Crimson, :ph34r:

I think I'll pass on the full coat/jacket for now, though they be nice.

I'm thinkin' more on the lines of a vest, something without sleeves, but I did come across a short gunner jacket I liked.

Thanks for everyone's imput, and speaking of boots, I do have an old pair of "Cowboy" boots that I think might work for now. I'll try and post a picture of them to get your thoughts.

wil22.gif

good to hear

But why is the rum gone?

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

Guest SirenSong

Here's mine. Just sewed the shirt and the vest. Still looking for boots. But I used the Jack Sparrow pattern. Ill make the pants and coat later.

CNXT0234.jpg

YES!! Sirensong., nice job!!!., colorful too. A pat on the back., that'll definitely work.,I like the shirt too!., :ph34r:

HarborMaster

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Guest SirenSong

Why thank you Harbor Master. I love color. This one makes me feel gypsyish. As for the shirt. Well I took the liberty to lace it since it was a little too low cut and the vest instead of tying in the back laces as well. I need to finish the buttons on it. Then Ill work on the pants and frock coat.

Guest SirenSong

Very nice! I got a pair of boots today. Not period unfortunately but ill be saving me silver for the ones I really want. I LOVE the hat. I need to check around and find a hat blank. I found the perfect trimming!

It is time for the grand unveiling of my hat so I added a picture to my profile for your viewing pleasure. I ended up sewing on two buttons to hold the front bends up and on the rear I just put a stitch through so it holds but you can’t see it. I was going to add some trim to the edge but if proved to be too difficult so I scratched the idea. B)

PS. I'm still waiting for me shirt to arrive! :(

wil22.gif

excellent job!

But why is the rum gone?

Well my shirt arrived today, just waiting on a couple more items to arrive and my first round of plundering be through. I might not be period authentic, but I be a pirate at least by "Hollywood" standard's and that be a start. :huh:

Updated my personal picture. ;)

PS. GO YANKEES!

wil22.gif

Noticed your avatar and personal pic, Firethorn! and you look wonderful!

I think we all make some outstanding pirates. Siren you look delicious, good job on the garb!

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

My Waistcoat arrived today along with my Baldric, just had to get one even though I don't have a cutlass. I'm just waiting on a belt I bought to arrive then I'll get a full garb pic up. B)

PS. Now I'm broke, I guess its back up into the attic for stuff to sell on ebay. :huh:

wil22.gif