A Myriad of sitautions

Arrg mates,

was marooned on an island off de coast of South Carolina named Parris, but it aint no Paris I'll tell ye that. Before me was marooned and finally graduated off that beach ther be a carribbean cutlass for sale that had a pearl handle. it was sold, but i fancied it and thought it nice touch for the kit. anyone seen any around or know where to acquire one? also, being authentic minded, what are the patterns and fabrics to use for a deck hand? fire an email at jdewsoniii@yahoo.com or respond to the post.

-Motivated Deckhand Joe

Now ye be talkin 'bout a Gen-you-wine Gyreen Occifer's cutlass?

Right hand or left hand thread? :D

Never give up--Never surrender!

Remember -- A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

Live while yer alive--an' when yore dead be done with it!

Hrothgar,

Arrgg, ended up finding me cutlass, be on an appraiser's site. Have to find a maker to model one up on this fine life taker. This Marinero be a right handed blood drawer. That officer's cutlass is too fine to want to use for but a couple more years, when it might be worn for real on this lad.

Yow! Nice piece there! Ifn its handled by Butterfield's, yer lookin at a quality antique. They have some of the best appraisers in the business.

I worked alongside with a couple of them when I worked in a museum, and they know their stuff. That price range is pretty good too.

I'll keep a weather eye out fer a similar replica and /or sword smith.

Hang in there, them fancy Marinero swords look mighty fine with dress blues.

Never give up--Never surrender!

Remember -- A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

Live while yer alive--an' when yore dead be done with it!

I checked the realized price and it was only $450. Which, in my opinion is a bargain if it really is a 17th Century Hanger.

I would imagine that Old Dominion Forgecould make a reproduction of it but it would probably cost in the $450 range as well.

Here is a sample of his work

dcutlass1.jpg

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!