Bloody Bloomin' 'eck?????????

the Royaliste

Jeesh! Seems like every time I branch out into any threads 'ere at the pub anymore, 'tis a flippin' folly 'o 'lil buccaneers spoutin' all kinda crap, most 'o which has little or nuthin' to do with 'Piracy', fictional or non-fictional. Wot the Bloody Bloomin' 'eck be the drinkin' age in this 'ere joint, anyhoo???...Methinks it may be time to clear this pub outta alla the juveniles, an' chase 'em back to the kid's chatrooms where they belong, as they contribute little to the brethren, nor spend much with the hosts and sponsors

**Steps off soapbox, walks back up gangplank, and pours a shot 'o rum with genuine, ADULT pirates****

:ph34r:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:ph34r: All I can say is : AMEN!

We've been infested with a bunch of hopeless little dweebs ('lil buccaneers gives them too much credit) with too much time on their hands.

They're kinda like gnats: annoyin' yet not amountin' ta much.

They aint even mosquitos--those at least do some bitin.'

Mebbee we need a better screen door on the Pub.

**Pours a largish shot o grog for everyone in the Pub over 21--Cards 'em all--**

Here's to a gnat-free Pub! :ph34r::ph34r:

Never give up--Never surrender!

Remember -- A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

Live while yer alive--an' when yore dead be done with it!

::looks insulted at the term gnat:: I admit, there be some young'ns in here that don't 'ave the true passion for piracy that you older sea dogs do, but don't assume it be true of all of us. I be 19, so I be on the outside edge o' that "gnat gathering" but I hold this time period close to me heart. ::looks surprised she made such a speach and sits down and sulkily drinks a root beer:: My apologizes fer the speech, just thought I should say somethin'.

Arrr. Me treasure.

The Silver lass with a nice....... pair of eyes.

Me? Cheat? Steal? Lie? Never!

Lass seeking Lad:

100% certified lap warmer looking for one (or more) strapping lad(s) with backbone for rum filled nights and plunder filled days, if interested contact Laura Silver.

Jeesh! Seems like every time I branch out into any threads 'ere at the pub anymore, 'tis a flippin' folly 'o 'lil buccaneers spoutin' all kinda crap, most 'o which has little or nuthin' to do with 'Piracy', fictional or non-fictional. Wot the Bloody Bloomin' 'eck be the drinkin' age in this 'ere joint, anyhoo???...Methinks it may be time to clear this pub outta alla the juveniles, an' chase 'em back to the kid's chatrooms where they belong, as they contribute little to the brethren, nor spend much with the hosts and sponsors

**Steps off soapbox, walks back up gangplank, and pours a shot 'o rum with genuine, ADULT pirates****

:lol:

* nods in agreement with the royalist* Aye luv I have to agree with ye. There be lots of juvies here of late. Me sis MW Cheryl, Stynky Tuder, Gute Morgan and Captn Flint had this same conversation Saturday after the MDRF. Seems they knows nothin about pyracy or anything else. Seems they always get off topic too. So seems to me we should chase them back to the chatrooms, because they seem to be turning this into on. *Steps on the soap box walks up the gang plank to join in with the ADULT PIRATES for more rum and conversation*

Sealegs Constance

I am what I am

Aye, Sealegs - Cap'n Flint and I talked too about this. Whats says the moderators?

Rotten, evil, no-good plotting, spoon-fed, going-to-hell-in-a-handbasket lass!

Always trying to bury that little devil on my shoulder and go to the angelic side -

even if just for a moment - choking down whatever evil scheme I was plotting!!!!

PirateFlag_sig.gif

A Fine Crew Indeed

My Webpage-----Pyrate Invasion at PARF-2004-----MDRF 2004 Opening Day

I look at it this way, at least they're posting. Didn't join, post maybe once and then disappear. That happens so much! I was talking with Capt. Morgan about this when he, my sis and I were at Disneyland. We were saying how someone's birthday will show up and that person joined like last year and never even posted once! Those peeps need to be scraped off the list. It shows how there's over a thousand members here, but only half, er, maybe not even half, actually post regularly.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I thought I was the only one who noticed a bit of mish-mash going on. One thing the youngin' need to remember is that its not a race about "ranks" in posting. Its quality not quantity that matters. Ten quality posts that are on topic are much better, don't waste space, don't cost the owner of this board, and are productive to the topic of piracy are 100 times better than 200 posts of "chat" that are not on topic. I'm not trying to discourage anyone interest in piracy, a true interest in piracy, but if something is of a chat nature or off topic, there is a forum at the bottom of the Pub page for such topics and items. The best way to learn about piracy is to study, read, research and ask questions regarding piracy.

*hops off soapbox, hops up on the capstan, pulls out fiddle and begins to play the "Last Shanty".

"M'father often told me, when I was just a lad,

A sailor's life was very hard, the food was always bad,

But now I've joined the navy, I'm on board a man-o-war,

And now I find a sailor ain't a sailor anymore!

Don't haul on the rope, don't climb up the mast,

If you see a sailing ship it might be your last

Get your civvies ready for another run ashore,

A sailor ain't a sailor ain't a sailor anymore!"

Well, I've got to side wi' the 'adults' on this one.

I have the greatest respect for those who have hauled the lines, breathed the powder smoke and swung the steel. Those are the people actively keeping the tradition, history, and mystique alive.

My respect also goes to those who read the old books, retell the legends, research the histories and educate people about the glory and the truth of pyracy. They, too, keep the traditions alive.

Both groups are well represented on these boards and it is a pleasure to hear from them all and to discuss our shared obsession.

But we seem to have a new group, those who see this board as nothing but an extension of some online game, a world that does not exist outside the confines of the electronic medium. Mostly, that goup is the younger set, those who live their lives on these screens. I would support some kind of standards, or limit, or something, to deal with this group.

Silver, I don't care if you're 9 or 19 or 90. If you can have an intelligent discussion of pyracy, then you have a right to be here. If dumb one liners and juvenile comments is the limit of the participation, then begone.

It's a tough call. Many of the people here participate in both historic discussion and in our own private little fantasy worlds like the tub and the lagoon. Those who contribute meaningfully to those groups and follow the thread and the premise are fine. It's determining those who are a problem that becomes difficult. Most of know exactly what we're talking about, it's defining it that's hard.

Hawkyns

:lol:

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

I think the problem will solve itself. Jumping into a forum and posting one-liners on every thread may give some geek a quick thrill, but these types tend to have short attention spans. The only people who stick around are those who are getting something meaningful from the discussions.

Ignore the "trolls" and they'll go away.

:lol::lol::huh:

Silver, I don't care if you're 9 or 19 or 90. If you can have an intelligent discussion of pyracy, then you have a right to be here. If dumb one liners and juvenile comments is the limit of the participation, then begone.

I just didn't want to discourage anyone, no matter their age, if they have an honorable interest in piracy. But, you have put it in words better than I could have.

::looks relieved that she has received indirect permission to stay and joins the other intelligent sea dogs:: I agree with Darkthing that those who are doing it just to chat will loose interest quickly or their conversations may move onto AIM where they can occur faster. One can also avoid those conversations as they tend to stay within the same topic, and generally in the introduction forum. I understand that this is a place to gain knowledge and information on piracy and I am forever gratful that it exists, being a passionate pirate with limited access to information, but you must also remember that not only is this a site to provide information but also a site to meet people with similar interests as yourself. While I would like to think that everyone loves pirates as much as I do, there are different levels of interest on and off this site. Let those with minimal interest in the true facts find each other, perhaps someday, thanks to this site, they too will become a true pirate scurge of the seas.

Arrr. Me treasure.

Lass seeking Lad:

100% certified lap warmer looking for one (or more) strapping lad(s) with backbone for rum filled nights and plunder filled days, if interested contact Laura Silver.

its not a race about "ranks" in posting.  Its quality not quantity that matters.

I suppose some will argue that the "rank" is a fun part of the site, but in my opinion, if "rank" fell overboard in the middle of a moonless night, I'd be happy. The way it is handled right now, I believe it contributes to the problem.

:)

But hey... I'm just another dude with a keyboard and an opinion.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

I suppose some will argue that the "rank" is a fun part of the site, but in my opinion, if "rank" fell overboard in the middle of a moonless night, I'd be happy. The way it is handled right now, I believe it contributes to the problem.

I agree about the ranks. While it is fun to see yourself climb higher in the ranks it also makes it very tempting to just post lots of messages to move up a slot. Luckily there is no real reward for moving up in rank, if there was, I fear it would be a much larger problem than it is now. Such is life that everything has a good and a bad side. Besides, if we didn't have people posting random meaningless stuff, would we appreciate the important posts as much?

Arrr. Me treasure.

Lass seeking Lad:

Besides, if we didn't have people posting random meaningless stuff, would we appreciate the important posts as much?

Um...yes. Absolutely. The drivel is just so much clutter.

Melusine de la Mer

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Aye, ye do 'ave a point. But some of the drivel is people getting to know each other, so don't go excludin' it all, just the REALLY usless stuff.

Arrr. Me treasure.

Lass seeking Lad:

But some of the drivel is people getting to know each other, so don't go excludin' it all, just the REALLY usless stuff.

I didn't say it was all drivel, m'dear. There are "boards" on this forum for various topics, some are more serious than others, and some in between. I wouldn't call posts in the appropriate boards where people are getting to know each other drivel. I'm referring to what's being pointed out, that is, off-topic posts that add no value to a thread--the really useless stuff. It's distracting and off-putting.

Melusine de la Mer

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Well in that case, I agree with you completly.

Arrr. Me treasure.

Lass seeking Lad:

I like to post and add to the discussions and so am guilty of posting alot on the pyracy board. But I like to see this as a way to meet and greet others too. A rennie board I was on took all the intros and Role play areas off the board and the board died. It went from 20 posts an hour to 20 a week.

I do worry about all the kids on the internet. There is a meat market sense of some of the boards. (mom sense kicking in)

And the stuff that is extra posting and is mainly 'talking' to someone is called Poop Trails. I try to add something..but I am guilty of it.

(hangs head in shame, then goes for a fill of rum)

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

When me first joined a few days ago, me studied tha board fer about an hour jes ta make sure I knew what types o posts went where. The "beyond pyracy" forum is clearly for the off topic stuff, any scurvy dog that can't tell that should be run off tha gang plank!!

As fer me, I've always had a love of pirate stuff!!

This is the first time I've gotten into the role-playen stuffs, and it's kinda fun. opefully I'll be gettin better at it as I go on.

anyway thats my 2 friggin cents...arrrr!

:P

"They'll have to kill me before I die"

jollyroger.gif