Poll

Gutterpunk13

What type of Pirate are you?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What type of Pirate are you?

• Im not I just like them.
    • Whats a Pirate?
    • Well.... i just like to pretend...
    • I like to dress up in snazzy clothes and get waisted... does that count?
    • i am a real modern day pirate I steal to live , like to sail and I only bathe on saturday nights (I also like large amounts of Rum and water)
    • Well. Ilike jack sparrow... does that make me a pirate?
    • I am a historical reinactor, i am a real pirate only on the job,
    • why am i taking this stupid poll anyway?
    • I hate you with a passion and I will gully you in your sleep!

I didnt see a criteria that fit me in your analagy..,?

Does travelling around the world ..,owning a tropicoal beach.,a boat (no ship yet) having a pretty fair bit of treasure.,spending every minute I can at and in the ocean..,

and most importantly shipping weapons over-seas (2 Black powder 45's * 1 .62 Caliber Flintlock * 1 30" old english swivel gun * and 2- 55" 2.25 caliber ordinance rifles {Cannons} make me a pirate? :angry:

If not I am definitely doing something wrong..., :huh:

Please Advise :huh:

:huh: HarborMaster :huh:

:huh::huh::huh:

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, I'm just a wee bit 'perplexed' 'ereabouts.......There seems to be some 'incongruities in said poll so......

....If'n ye sail, ye bathe waaaay more 'n 'saturday nite', lest ye sail on a flippin' slough instead 'o the Blue Briney.........

.....I too 'aven't seen a decent description of a 'pirate'.......

.....I don't quite 'get' waisted...like hugging, or wot??..or did we mean 'wasted'?

........Personally, I find 'Jack Sparrow' a bit 'superfluous'

........Assuming you meant 'reenactor', well 'yes', and 'yes'....

....other than takin' a brief respite from sewing hatch covers, I am wonderin' why I took this poll........

...and, with a nasty history behind me, I aven't a clue how to 'gully' you, but I'll have ye skinned and quartered 'afore ye kin act 'suprised', so

........the forgotten 'pigeonhole', 'ALL OF THE ABOVE'

.......Now, where's me rum, and get back ta work, ye scurvey dogs!!!!!!!

:ph34r:

I don't fit in any of the above either, per-sey. :D

We reenact, but our group does it for fun, it's not "work". We also dess and get in character and raid local mundan/modern events for the fun of it, everyone loves pirates. So we aren't just pirates on the "job"... most of us are pirates all the time. (I use any excuse I can to wear my garb... I find it more comfortable than regular clothes, and people don't even bat an eye when ye carry weapons if yer in garb. :D )

We also drink our share of rum and other alcohol... :D

We would like to sail, or at least boat, and we are in the process of acquiring one... but we don't steal to live, and I bathe most every day. :)

I agree... much as I love PotC, Jack Sparrow is a tad over the top. :D

And I think He got "gully" from Muppet treasure Island... :D

And what I smuggle/pirate in real life is me own buisness, not that any of it's terribly illegal.

:D

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

Well, I don't quite fit into the categories, but I love pirates so much, I'm just getting a costume and hope to use it as much as possible (I'm trying to assemble my friends into a crew) and... well... drink rediculous amounts of grog! Yarrr! 'Tis a pirates life fer me!

:angry: I don't take baths, and I drink me rum straight. I smell like a brewery and look like hell. I'll steal from a friar then throw him down a well.

If I can't find a cutlass ta run ya through, splinter of timber would surely do. A neat lil' cut or a bloody stump. Either way tells you you should have ducked!

:ph34r: -Ol' Black Jack Shalaq

victors%20spoils.jpg

YER ANKLES WILL LOOK LOVELY BEHIND YER EARS LASSIE! HAR! HAR! HAR!