The stone of Sailors???

Black Syren

Did sailors really carry aquamarines? I know they were superstitious.

Aquamarine is a type of beryl with a hardness of 7.5 to 8. Its name comes from the Latin (water of the sea) because of its sea water color. It has been used as a good luck talisman by sailors. It is found on every continent, and its color ranges from pale green to deep blue. It is the March birthstone.

Mystic Lore: Intuitive sources say that Aquamarine is the best stone for the fifth chakra, the energy center at the throat, and that it enhances one's communication skills. It is said to be a cooling and calming stone, good for soothing sunburns, fevers and tempers., and to enhance intellectual abilities.

In Italian folklore..If you are born with a caul ot face veil you are considered a Good walker..And supposedly you are meant to fight supernatural forces. my G-Father was one and when he passed last november we found his Caul the piece of skin carefully preseved...It is said that these skins were kept as talismans and were often sold to sailors for protection..Anybody have input on either the stone or the caul?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Thanks Royaliste..A swede Eh? I worked with two guys from there. Well Paul was from sweden. Benny was from Norway and he was HUGE! He was like 7' tall. Had to stoop to go in and out of the doors and stuff. As for the stones and the caul im still researching it myself.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

:blink: Maybe, I don't be know fur sure. I knows thar be german and dutch from me mum's side. Any how, me grand pappy has been cutting and working stone since tha 1930's. Me pa also be knowing a lot about tha gems and minerals. I will get back to ye on it.

By the way, here be a couple bottles of rum from me stash. B)

Pass em 'round if ye please. I be heading back to me home.

Fair winds and smooth water.

Reddrake