Grand Cayman

That not be a fake. It be the real deal. Communication is still hit or miss on the island. Cayman Brac and Little Cayman came out better tha tGrand Cayman. I heard from a friend that alot of my friends on Grand Cayman are ok. I really miss the island after spending several years there. I hope that all the relief hael gets through. The biggest problem will be with the flooding, the island is flat. The turtle farm there was under reconstruction about a year ago and I'm sure that based on the devistation I saw in pictures, the turtle farm is gone. Here is a link with good info: www.caymannetnews.com It has the most reliable info there is.

Animal

:lol:

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

Help is needed. The Tortuga Rum Company is organizing relief efforts. You can find more information at the below link.

Tortuga Rum Company

Plus you can win a free trip to the Grand Cayman, courtesy of the Tortuga Rum Company. :blink:

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

I saw that ship in January when we docked or rather weighed anchor in the harbor there. We swam with the stingrays and wondered what those poor animals did while there weren't any people around to feed them.

This season has really been bad for my Caribbean. <_<

I was in Grand Cayman just before I went to Belize (on a cruise). We swam with the stingrays also. The people were also very friendly and I hate that they got blasted by Ivan.

Now Ivan has his sights set squarely on some property owned by Mrs. Broadside's relatives. Hope they can weather the storm.

Cheers,

Broadside

Every normal person must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats! - Lucanus

Me prayers be wit de Misses family, Broadside. Dis Ivan be a nasty sort me tinks. It sounds like me friends be ok dere. Only one me hasn't heard of but me tinks she be off island.

Animal

<_<

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

The turtle farm has appeared to fair well. However, Seven Mile Beach and Mariner's Cove are devastated. No ships are docking at this time and all non-essential personel are ordered off the island.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.