looking for a belt

Not going through the internet leaves you very little options.

If you're looking for just a plain leather belt then try Wal-Mart or Target. For something more accurate I have to recommend e-Bay or other online replica sites.

I deal a lot with prop replica makers and I have been very pleased by their trustworthyness. Those that are out to scam are soon reported so that others won't get conned.

My favorite Renn site is Ravensmoon Replicas. They have several craftspeople who do armor, leather, sewing, etc. One stop shop.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

what I did was ...

while going through a store was find several belts that were leather with sections connected with metal/leather covered rings (I use the rings to tuck the whip handle into)and rivets in them...ok kinda hard to describe...but, bought 2 of them...took them to a shoe repair shop. Had them connected...so I can wrap them around me twice...then using the leather strips tie it (again kinda hard to describe) ...I don't like the buckles... ...and still have a nice slant on the hips to it...it looks period and is comfortable and best part of it even with the repair fee...it only cost about $10.00 (ok I got the belts on clearance for $1.00 apiece)

Had my Baldric made the same way....got two belts had them put together so it lays nicely over the shoulder...my sword hangs from it at the right angle...again very inexpensive and very nice. The front one has small metal rings on it that are just large enough that a dagger or two or three or whatever.... :ph34r: could be tucked into them...

ready for use when needed ....

So even if you be a gent take a look in the lasses belt department...those with a somewhat golthic look can be used very easily. :) Same with sashes. Take a look at the shawls made from cotton, linen or wool material. Double them over (the fold would be great to hold a pistol in place) wrap about waist and you have a pirate sash.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

Visit www.jekylthehidesmith.com - he does absolutely great work - while his catalog is online he does ordering traditionally. Top notch custom to measure work ... not cheap knock off stuff or consumer-level ware.

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

i have a similar problem save with me its more of a picky buyer sindrum so in all honesty i can only wish ye patience till next fair with me i have to wait till the next pay check comes in

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

Capt. Marlow... Two options... I would be happy to make you one for cost. Probally about 20 to 25 dollars plus shipping. However, that would be a bit of a thin belt. The local ren fair here has much wider belts; almost 3" wide with buckle for somewhere between 25 to 35 dollars, in brown and black. I would be happy to pick you one up, just have to find out the shipping. When do you want it. We are going to the fare again on oct. Would be happy to get it for you then.... Flint