Capt. coat and breeches

Rumba Rue

As I have said before, "If the shipping charges aren't shown on line, the companies can tack on whatever they want and you don't know it until it's almost too late! Never, but never buy from places like these, also, there was no indication that their site was 'secure' for credit card transactions - another red flag!

Mate RumbaRue,

Thanks for the tip. I had no idea the shipping charges would be almost as much as the shoes. That's ridiculous!

JasTown also has some very nice 17th-18th century shoes and a big selection of period buckles. They cost more, but are probably a more reputable operation.

Or maybe ye could just get some idees of what to look for in the thrift stores.

Cheers,

Broadside

Every normal person must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats! - Lucanus

Thanks Pearl, but I think he wears a size 8. I'm meeting him today over at the local Thrift store to see if we can find something for him. If not, he's going to wear his dress shoes which though not quite correct, but darn close will do much better than those awful moccasins!

BTW- Those pegs ye gave Boats are perfect! I think he'll be installing quite of few of them into poles on Friday for set-up at Tall Ships. Good, cuz I'm not bringing my wardrobe rack anymore for people to hang their stuff up on. It's starting to break due to the weight of some of the costumes!

Rumba Rue

** :lol: **