Capt. coat and breeches

Rumba Rue

Well here's the finished product of using the Capt. coat pattern. Unfortunately, I couldn't afford to buy black lining (hey you try and live on $700.00 a month on Government disability!), but I had some expensive linen lining I found at the Thrift store, so I used that.

I had to use elastic in the waist of the breeches, because the outfit not only has to fit me, but my companion too, as we both have parts in the skit PRP does (not at the same time!).

My concern is that the coat came out looking like an oversized well...uh coat. With frock coat patterns there's somewhat of a body form fit.

Did anyone else have a problem with this?

CaptainsCoat.JPGCapt.breeches.JPG

(Geez with this new digital camera, everything in the background comes out clear too!)

Rumba Rue

** :lol: **

Oh! I thought you used the new Simplicity Jack Sparrow pattern! It has gores. . . .

Which pattern did you use?

I love the blue fabric, by the way.

-Jennifer

"Let them eat cake. No wait, kill 'em all instead, and plunder the cake for yourself. Mmmmm, cake. . ."

I did use that pattern. I didn't see any gores. So I'm going to get a bit creative.

Well last night I had Boats put it back on, what I'm going to do is pull the material just a bit on each side of the back seam a bit, sort of like this )( and that will create my form fitting look I wanted.

See I told you I can't read patterns!

Rumba Rue

** :ph34r: **

Rumba, there should have been 3 triangular pieces that were supposed to go where the slits are.

I understand your distress; the explanation on the pattern was not very good and I had to redo mine a couple of times to get it right. :ph34r:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

I swear, my pattern doesn't have 3 triangular pieces! I had to buy the largest size pattern there was, so maybe it is different from yours!

Oh poop! :P

Well I'm going to go ahead and fiddle with the back and it should work. When I'm done, I'll take a picture of the back and see what you all think.

Rumba Rue

**I had a mind once....** :P

If it's the Simplicity "Jack Sparrow" costume, then it should be piece number 4; the directions say to cut three of them.

But it looks fine without them. You just don't get the "flare" at the bottom. Can't really see them in this picture:

grey_frockcoat.jpg

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Arrrgghhhh! No wonder, it's not that pattern! Duh me, mine's a Butterick pattern.

Oh well, I've reworked the back, and it looks much better now. I took pictures, but for some reason after an hour of trying to upload two pictures to Village photos site, I gave up. So at some point I will try and get the pictures here.

Rumba Rue

**Not sew happy** :huh:

Ive never sewed anything in my life but a button on a shirt..I am doing the sparrow pattern. Im currently on the shirt..All I have left are the cuffs and hemming it. But when I cut the split down the front of the shirt it is way to long..I bought the bigger size to and it hangs open to nearly my navel..I thought about lacing it up..but I may just use hooks and eyes then I can adjust where I want it to stay open..The vest is next then Ill work on the coat..That coat scares the mess out of me..But I refuse to be intimidated!!!! :lol::lol::lol: I shall prevail..*i hope*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

We just got the pattern and another one for the Doc. She used to sew for Buster Brown ( remember them, there operte out of Haiti now ). We are hoping for new stuff for PIP. Just 113 days away but who is counting :lol:

Animal

:lol:

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

Here's a picture of the back of the coat after adjustments.

I understand about how triangular peices would be inserted to make the bottom flare. I honestly didn't know there was a pattern labeled Jack Sparrow, pirate coat.

I saw the Butterick pattern and assumed it was the one you were all talking about, that's why I got it.

Well f**k me!

Oh well, at least the pulling together of the back did the trick and actually it looks better now on than before.

I'm working on a shirt for Boats to wear. As soon as it's done I want him to put the whole costume on and I'll take a picture or two and post it here.

backofCapt.coat.jpg

Rumba Rue

**Hey I'm blond, I can walk into any wall** :P

Aye, 'tis a fine dashin' outfit!

Tell your mate about these shoes:

8-255.jpg

They would look great with that ensemble. And they're only 63 doubloons at By The Sword. I'm thinkin' about plunderin' a pair meself.

Cheers,

Broadside, his mark :ph34r:

Every normal person must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats! - Lucanus

<GASP- was what came out of Boat's mouth>

He discovered that by time the shipping charges (which were not shown)were tacked on he was looking at way over a hundred bucks!

He said, 'NO WAY!'

As I have said before, "If the shipping charges aren't shown on line, the companies can tack on whatever they want and you don't know it until it's almost too late! Never, but never buy from places like these, also, there was no indication that their site was 'secure' for credit card transactions - another red flag!

Best bet, as in the case with that site, is call and find out first before ordering anything!

Boats is going to check the Thrift stores.

Rumba Rue

**A very wary pirate** :ph34r: