Festival Dates

hurricane

Ahoy all!

There seems to be some confusion about when Pirates in Paradise is and how long. So here's the scoop. The festival is still 10 days long, from Nov. 25 through Dec. 5. There's the usual balls, parties, pub runs, sea battles, etc.

The only thing that has changed is the Thieve's Market. The actual marketplace is a three day event on the last weekend (Dec. 3-5). It will be held at Fort Taylor along with a period encampment, entertainment, fight circles and such. The 10 day festival will culminate at the fort with a big feast in the bricked section (see http://www.piratesinparadise.com for more information).

We hope to see everyone for the whole festival, including the kid's event at the Mel Fisher's Museum, the Radio Auction, cruise ship duty, the Banana Bay beach party, etc.

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

as at stands now hurricane...i'm plannin on nov 29th-dec 5th. let me know if you need any help down there.

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

Good to see you there, lass... it's going to be a lot of fun this year. Entering the Walk the Plank Championships?

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

Ahoy all!

Might notice a few postings missing. I'm trying to keep this about the festival dates as rumors have been circulating that are wrong. Sorry I had to do me duty and erase some postings more sutable for the hot tub.... Ah, a captain's and moderator's duties combined...

--

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Ar... the Captain's a bit testy since he returned from the Specific Narwest. Must be the cold Narwest weather....

Paisley, if yer waitin' in the water, ye can call me "shark bait"

or "chum...."

LOL :lol:

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

That's what ya get when the captain's not cut in on the share of rum, eh? :)

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

hurricane Posted on Aug 30 2004, 06:54 PM

That's what ya get when the captain's not cut in on the share of rum, eh?

aye...the rum...along with nigel's intoxicating beauty.....

a thousand pardons capt.

won't happen again :rolleyes:

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

Are you trying to make me blush, Paisley luv?

That's a pretty good try. :rolleyes:

...now where's that cherry ... drink ... thingy ... you owe me?

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

Nigel Posted on Aug 30 2004, 10:25 PM

Are you trying to make me blush, Paisley luv?

That's a pretty good try.

...now where's that cherry ... drink ... thingy ... you owe me? 

meet me over at the pink parrot pub *wink, wink

and i'll give you my cherry...uh...drinky-thing

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

Not sure if we need a room or what.. Scupper and I both have off Dec 2 to the 5th or so.. and I think Paisley is keeping us company then. IF not, we may be looking for space too.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

MerryD, get ahold of Amy (Deadlyaim ) at the Southernmost. The number is posted undet "Hotel Discounts at the top of this forum. She will take care of you. Make sure you ask for her. The other reservationists may not know about the discount.

Animal

:P

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

Animal Posted on Sep 5 2004, 10:29 AM

MerryD, get ahold of Amy (Deadlyaim ) at the Southernmost. The number is posted undet "Hotel Discounts at the top of this forum. She will take care of you. Make sure you ask for her. The other reservationists may not know about the discount.

maybe it's from all this rain from frances blowin around, but i don't see the link to southernmost....does it list prices?

thanks animal!

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

It's in the beginning for the Pirates In Paradise forum at the very to. The link doesn't list prices but Amy ( Deadlyaim / KW Pirate ) Will gladly tell you the cost per day with the discount and the grand total with taxes and such included. We did very well. There are other places but it seams like alot of folks from the forum will be staying there. The number is there also .

Animal

B)

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

Thanks Animal. For that ye get a tankard from me and a hug from Merry.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

Thank ye for the kind words Animal. If anyone be wanting to see pics of the properties, you can go to www.southernmostresorts.com. (at the bottom of the page there is a couple of nifty little maps that i put on there, one is of duval st....and we all need that! :o )

Here's crossing our fingers that Ivan goes somewhere else!!! :)

Deadly Aim

Key West Pirate

pil'-lag-ing

It's like looting, but the shopkeeper is watching from behind some hastily contrived shelter.

Rum Wench - Pyrates of the Coast

**knees weaken slightly** Rum and a hug from da beautiful lass. Me can die an go ter me maker now.

Animal

:ph34r:

thank ya Aminal, but ya may want to see if I get to PIP in person..then you can get to lots of things that, and with a smile on your face.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

The Southernmost is the stronghold of the Pyrates of the Coast again this year. Deadly Aim and the lot at the hotel are amazing and the property is conveniently located. It's on the very end of Duval on the Atlantic side. There's a mini mart, pharmacy, cuban cafe, liquor store, Camille's and several restaurants nearby. Most of the time the crewe simply did the walk up Duval and crawled their way back home after the day's piratical activities. You're about two blocks from the Southernmost Point and a couple blocks away from the Lighthouse and Hemingway House. There's a great pool with a tiki bar and two other pools elsewhere on the property. ***** as a pirate hangout.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

***** indeed!

And the Cuban Coffee, made by the darling Anna at her cafe just around the corner, is the best coffee I have EVER tasted! And that is coming from a Seattle-ite.

Duval Street is one crazy place, and the center of a lot of activity. And it's stumbling distance to (or more accurately, from)Captain Tony's!!! Woo HOO!!!

:D The Southernmost Hotel be the place to be! :ph34r: We have a room reserved poolside so it is only a few feet to the Tiki Bar. I just like saying :D "Tiki Bar". :lol:

The Southernmost is sponsering a party for the Pirates sometime in the first week or so of the event. Katherine and I won't be down until Dec. 1-Dec. 6, so we will miss that. :D We should plan on having a Pirate Party of our own one night after most of the other functions are over on the last few days. Maybe Thursday, Friday or Saturday night. :D Any ideas?

I sure hope Ivan does not do damage to you and yours KW Pirate. Please take care and know we are thinking of you and everyone in Florida.

Avast Ye!

Ross

:lol: Pirate Low Class :lol: