Moonlight Lagoon

Christine

Good morrow Captain Tito! I think I be joinin' the fun for one...If ye don't mind the extra company. :huh:

OOps! That was my outside voice;)!

"Big on self-reliance and personal responsibility. Down on culture of victimology. Nobody owes you a thing and life isn't always fair. Spend a little more time being grateful and less time bitching and you just might find a smile replacing that scowl. Being miserable doesn't make you 'deep;' it makes you insufferable."-The Thirsty Celt

Hetha12.jpg

~Sail it like you stole it!~

"Silence is Golden; Duct Tape is Silver"

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about leaving in such a rush PPhil! If ye don't mind, I haven't tasted rice wine..would ye mind me trying some of it? Couldn't find the source of intrusion yet..

"Big on self-reliance and personal responsibility. Down on culture of victimology. Nobody owes you a thing and life isn't always fair. Spend a little more time being grateful and less time bitching and you just might find a smile replacing that scowl. Being miserable doesn't make you 'deep;' it makes you insufferable."-The Thirsty Celt

Hetha12.jpg

*Takes small cup of rice wine* And to one day, making our own! B)

B) *Takes sip*

Hetha12.jpg

...and as fer yer intruder problem...

(Phil rips off his jacket and trousers, revealing a full midnight-blue ninja outfit complete with split-toe tabi. He whips out his manrikigusari and shows it to Hetha...)

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

*Huge cat-ate-the-cream grin, spreads across Hetha's face*

That would keep me WELL covered! B)

Hetha12.jpg

Very nice! I likes very much! Anything else you wish to ..err..um show me? B)

*Wonders if I should show him my 'gandr' and 'seax.' I wonder if he'll show me next his shuko?*

Hetha12.jpg

*Shows PPhil her 'gandr'* See the ivory inlaid handle? Quite effective and useful. *Shows him her 'seax'* May look like a 'labrys', but it's a bit smaller.

Your 'ashiko' are nice, do they hold you up quite well and sturdy? B)

Hetha12.jpg

the fire is quite inviting. come on over jack. pphil - please make sure the monkey stays far enough back from the flames. haven't been to a good fire in a while. anybody know any goo B) d songs?

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

::Roflmao:: Don't worry, ye almost got me! Unfortunately, I never found me a willing Master to teach me your particcualr arts, but at age nine, I was very interested in them. Thought I could move like an invisible shadow among shadows. At least that's how my classmates treated me:( So, to make lemonade out of lemons, I sought a teacher, and in finding none, I had to wait, until I ran across a Kung Fu Master, quite a few years later, then a Kenpo instructor, for small children, then a Tai Chi workout tape, and you get the picture.:) But my heart sought the martial feminine arts, and I thought I could blend my preternatural leanings toward the martial arts, into something more familiar. And so, I learned the swordsmanship, of my ancestry instead.

BTW a 'seax,' is a small axe, and a 'gandr,' is a utility knife!

Hetha12.jpg

Interesting history, m'lady...

My 16-year-old is heavy into ninpo...it started when I gave him my collection of books on the subject (about 75 or so) when he was about 9 - he devoured them! Couple that with his love of gaming, and he's an apt student.

Have you ever investigated the naginata? A long staff with a sharp blade on the end - traditionally, a "ladies" weapon in Japan, to defend the household from mounted bandits when the menfolk were away. I had the good fortune some years ago to watch a demo of this weapon by a Master, and let me tell you, it was awesome!

T'ai Chi workout tape! AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...still haven't made mine yet - still trying to figure out how to shoot and edit digital video on my 'puter B)

Thanks for the info - sound like neat toys!

~ Vegetius

Actually, the naginata, is an interesting weapon, much like the glade, anyways, I have done little research into medieval Japan, and some into China. The 'Tales of the Minamoto Clan,' struck my interest. Also, tales of the women who feuled the iron mines, and made weaponry, such as cannons, were fascinating. Especially seeing as they protected their homes alot, while the men were away. Much the same as the Scandinavian women, when their husbands sailed. Scandinavian women also carried a set of keys, and were considered the head-of- household. They owned property, could divorce their husbands, and were considered equals, in business and profit. Rarely was the case of the sailing women, but they did exist, and created many a fantastic tales for the skalds. The seax and gandr, were merely household use items, but hte weapons of the skialdmaer, the labrys and buckler, sword and quiver and bow, are the main things most remember the shield maiden carrying.No, M' afraid i'm not very well read!(sarcasm) B)

But that is a nice and cool gift to give to your 16-year old, I'm sure he loves it..good luck with the tape B)

Hetha12.jpg

No, not well-read at all! (The big eyes and raised eyebrows indicating HIS sarcasm)

Ever read about the kunoichi - the female ninjas? They were trained to take advantage of every weakness in a man...

,,,kinda' like Mae West with a sword... B)

~ Vegetius

Heard of them?!*raise eyebrows* I have, but never knew what the term was that they were called by. Enlighten me.(Really I should be quite interested, no sarcasm intended)! B)

Hetha12.jpg

Well, that's the old Japanese term for them. They were trained, as were the males, from an early age - 4 or 5 years old - in the basic ninpo skills. Such skills including acrobatics, running, swimming, jumping, climbing, etc. Kinda like a Karate Kindergarten...

As they got older, into their early teens, they were taught many different martial arts - everything from empty hand skills to weapons to psychological warfare principles. Along with these courses came codes and ciphers, improvised first-aid, map reading, escape and evasion, blah, blah, blah.

Then the specialty training began...

The gals were taught by specially-appointed female "counselors" (read prostitutes) how to please men sexually. Along with that knowledge also came the methods to eliminate the men they were with - the ol' Black Widow routine. Poisons, knives in the head and other juicy places, garroting...all that fun stuff. They learned the ways of proper Japanese geisha, so their training also included singing, dancing, poetry, opera, cooking, etc.

All in all, a lethal troupe of little James Bondettes!

~ Vegetius

That's fascinating! You are well read and studied...The geisha were an insteresting bunch of girls, did a little study there. So few REAL geisha anymore, as there are many a tourist in Japan, who like to dress as one for a day. Sad really. It's too bad I could not be taught ninpo or something cool like that, at such an early age..kind of feel like I missed alot of opportunities, so that's part of why, I am so risque! I take opprtunities when they come, and live each day, as tho it were my last, for it may be, and most importantly, no regrets, no guilt. Why carry guilt, it doesn't serve, past the learning of a lesson and showing a bit of doubtful remorse. I can't stand, when people browbeat. No need! It's like, people feel, that I haven't "got it" when in fact I have. Ever feel like that? B)

Hetha12.jpg

... I can't stand, when people browbeat. No need! It's like, people feel, that I haven't "got it" when in fact I have. Ever feel like that? B)

Not since the divorce! B)

(A collective "OOOOOoooo" goes up from the audience...)

~ Vegetius

LOL B) You know what I mean, smartarse! B) *pokes PPhil's ribcage to start a tickle match!* B)

Hetha12.jpg

PyratePhil  Posted on Apr 1 2005, 11:57 AM

Tickles her under the armpits...

*Tickles him back, as they start a veritable tickling session, laughin like crazy* :rolleyes::lol:

Hetha12.jpg