Need to buy two things

moricktowain

I've been hunting on the net for two things that I'm wanting to get for my pirate attire, and have been unsucessful in finding these.

First, I had a nice looking cap-fire blunderbuss that I carried when I was at faire. Alas, it got lost and never recovered at Texas Renaissance Faire last year. I've been as of yet unable to find one that I could buy ahead of time to have for Texas Rennaissance Faire this year. So, I'm posting here to ask for any advice on if anyone knows of any online vendors that may sell decent looking cap-fire pistols or inexpensive non-functional replicas.

The second thing I've been looking for deals with a post I tacked onto in the Rabble Rousing area about Tattoos. I'm in searching for decent looking temporary tattoos of a skull and crossbones, in particular ones that a pirate would have [if it were real].

Thanks in advance for any information I can get!

Morick Towain

Captain of the Pirate Brethren of Texas

Morick Towain

IBoRP #116

It might be a little bit of an investment...but as far as the tattoos are concerned, ye might look into buying a small airbrush set with some liquid acrylic paint. There are some VERY nice stencil available out there...and, if you do a little research on laser cutting, you might be able to find a place that does custom ones. Such tattoos are unique, and can sometimes be more authentic looking than a shiney, four-color-process emblem stuck ter yer skin.

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"

I've been hunting on the net for two things that I'm wanting to get for my pirate attire, and have been unsucessful in finding these.

First, I had a nice looking cap-fire blunderbuss that I carried when I was at faire. Alas, it got lost and never recovered at Texas Renaissance Faire last year. I've been as of yet unable to find one that I could buy ahead of time to have for Texas Rennaissance Faire this year. So, I'm posting here to ask for any advice on if anyone knows of any online vendors that may sell decent looking cap-fire pistols or inexpensive non-functional replicas.

The second thing I've been looking for deals with a post I tacked onto in the Rabble Rousing area about Tattoos. I'm in searching for decent looking temporary tattoos of a skull and crossbones, in particular ones that a pirate would have [if it were real].

Thanks in advance for any information I can get!

Morick Towain

Hey Morick. I talked with one of me mates, Miss Mable who be in charge of information and the lost and found at TRF. She said it wasn't turned in. Which is odd. Most things lost do come back. We've seen walletts with hundreds of dollars and credit cards still in them. Medications, etc. Sorry about that.

here is a good source for Cheap Stuff. or check out my links page.

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

for inexpensive replicas try "Swordsonline.com" They have period replicas and not just swords. They carry all types of weapons, period pieces, as well as, fantasy.

Good luck to you.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

Hey Morick. I talked with one of me mates, Miss Mable who be in charge of information and the lost and found at TRF. She said it wasn't turned in. Which is odd. Most things lost do come back. We've seen walletts with hundreds of dollars and credit cards still in them. Medications, etc. Sorry about that.

Thanks for looking into my lost pistol. I didn't really expect it to be found, and I even checked with the lost and found the entire following day. Don't worry about it not being returned (It was only $15.00 to begin with, and I think there was a vendor at TRF that sold the same type of pistol. (Worse case scenario, I get one from there.)

Morick Towain

Morick Towain

IBoRP #116

• 1 month later...