Muppets Treasure Island

Charity

I managed to get the main theme from the soundtrack stuck in Royaliste's head. Nuthin's funnier that having Gary hum the tune, and then throw sumthin' at me head shoutin' "Damn ye Redd! I've got that f***ing tune stuck in me head!"

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"

Did ya know that Tim Curry and Geoffrey Rush are going to be in a movie together? Its called "The Remains of the Piano'. It's also going to have Michael York, Patrick Stewart, Billy Connolly, Eric Idle, Julian Sands and Will Kemp in it.

Its suppose to be a comedy (gee, with Pyhthon people in it.. noooooo), about a middle aged British aristocrat who returns from India with a fortune and a piano whose life is turned upside down when he meets two women (Anjelica Houston and Neve Campbell) who both have enormous sexual hangups. Its a spoof on a Merchant-Ivory film. I read the filming has started in Toronto.

Tim plays a Reverend. Geoffrey plays the aristocrat.

Talk about a movie to see!

I heard about that too, Orlando Bloom is also suppossed to be it too. But now, for some odd reason, there's no mention of this movie anywhere. It was on IMDB (internet movie data base) and now it's gone. Does that mean the idea was shelved? :wub:

There is another one about pianos too that Geoffrey is going to be in, "The Piano Tuner of Earthquakes". Listen to this plot:

"Dark fairytale about a demonic doctor who abducts a beautiful opera singer with designs on transforming her into a mechanical nightingale." Hmmm...seems rather Phantom of the Opera like don't it? lol!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I heard about that too, Orlando Bloom is also suppossed to be it too. But now, for some odd reason, there's no mention of this movie anywhere. It was on IMDB (internet movie data base) and now it's gone. Does that mean the idea was shelved?   :wub:

On another board, theres an individual that stated she saw Orlando just down the road from her doing a filming. "He was in an itty bitty town called Beaver, pop. 95, near Eureka Springs." Not sure what state it was though.

I checked up on the "Remains", your right, its gone now. And I had the "Piano Tuner of Earthquakes" mixed up with the "Remains". "Piano Tuner" is currently filming. I think I read that "Remains" is back on hold due to budget. They have been trying to film that movie for several years.

And as for Geoffrey playing a "Phantom" type character...... all I can say is SWOON.

Yeah, me too! Yummy! I'd fall under his spell any day! :wub: Can't wait to see how the movie will be. ;)

What is it with pianos and Geoffrey? Remember Shine? lol! I just think it a shame that Geoffrey was not somehow involved in the new Phantom of the Opera movie. It's coming out this Christmas. I'm looking forward to that, curious to see how faithful it stays to the musical, since it's based on that.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

On another board, theres an individual that stated she saw Orlando just down the road from her doing a filming. "He was in an itty bitty town called Beaver, pop. 95, near Eureka Springs." Not sure what state it was though.

That might be Orlando Bloom still filming his movie "Elizabethtown" with Kirsten Dunst, directed by Cameron Crowe. He is filming this movie in the less populated midwestern states, I think Kansas and stuff. If you're TERRIBLY interested, check out theorlandobloomfiles.com.

Captain Wolfy Wench

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone have the soundtrack from Muppet Treasure Island? Love that cd, actually listening to it now. *smiles brightly* It's right up there with the POTC soundtrack. :)

One o' me fav'rit CDs, from one o' me all time fav'rit movies.

"When I was jest a lad, lookin' for my true vocation..."

The only song I still don't like is "Love Brought us Here" with Smolley (Kermit) and Piggy.

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

• 3 weeks later...

I have'nt even "seen" the movie.......

I downloaded a "pyrate" copy of one of the songs.... and fell in love with it..... now I have to get the movie..........

.....(I posted in another board about how I will download stuff...... if it's good, then I go out and buy it.......pay the artist for thier effort.......)

You won't regret it!

It's a brilliant movie, fun and even though most of the pirate crew are (pu)muppets, it's as real a pirate movie as any.

I love Tim Curry as the handsome rogue pirate..yes i do, but in the beginning us Barbossa lovers get something nice to drool over as there's this captain, and maybe i'm nuts but he makes me think of Barbossa a whole lot :)

All in all a great movie !

hero.jpg