Ahoy mates,

I just joined the forum today and I thought I'd introduce myself. I got into the reenactment business in the SCA around 20 years ago in Buffalo NY...but only stayed around for 2 years or so.

I've always hung around the fringes of revolutionary war re-enactment groups and the like and especially enjoyed going to ren faires. Four years ago I started taking along my son, who is now 14 years old.

My interest in pirates and privateers has absolutely nothing to do with the POTC movie...well, maybe a little...ok, ok, you got me...I probably wouldn't have found this site if I weren't changing my colors, as it were.

I am currently residing in the NYC area. Do any of you know of any pirate re-enactment groups in my neck of the woods?

Regards,

Jack Whitehead

Ahoy and welcome to this fine establishment, Bosun Jack!

Over 60 broth(sist)ers added to the ranks since I climbed aboard late June, a regular pirate revolution, if you will :)

All ye' new folk should visit my poll All Things Piratical and tell us if ye' feel this is truly a popular wave to be ridden.

Me own site ain't too shabby for the learnin' of swabbies and such, either, and I DO say so, myself! :ph34r:

Fair Winds,

Captain Sage