Ahoy from San Diego Comic Con

Christine

I'm here at my hotel at the Hilton, checking email and stuff before going to bed. Got my guyfriend up in the room, probably wondering what is taking me so long-lol! Anyway, just saying hey and also say that I saw the Jack doll at the NECA booth. Looks awesome! Too bad it was behind glass. They also had pix up of what the Barbossa, Wil and skeleton pirate dolls look like as well. No dolls of them yet tho, damn! Barbossa looks awesome BTW! Yum! ;) Can't wait for that to come out!

Alrighty, today is already Friday. Tonight is Pirates, woo-hoo! See ya on Sunday when I get home. Unless....I feel like checking email again. :lol: lol!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Hey take a picture of the dolls and post them here. Would like to see the 'real' dolls. :ph34r:

Hope you're having a great time. There's pictures from the Con on the news here just about every night. :)

Unfortunately, Comic books just ain't my thing... :ph34r: But I must say, I've seen better costumes at that Con than even the Sci-fi ones I go to! :ph34r:

Have fun! :ph34r:

Rumba Rue

**Smile and make people around you smile too!** :ph34r:

Have you met up with Capt. Grey yet? (San Diego Star Wars Society booth)

Did you get to see the U.S.S. Ronald Regan come into the harbor on Friday? Did you get to see the fireworks show?

Rumba Rue

**Just full of questions today** :)

I took pix of the Jack Sparrow doll at the NECA booth. Also have pix of the HMS Surprise, the one they used for "Master and Commander". Too bad I didn't go when my friend Toby did. He was in his amazing Jack Sparrow costume. He showed me the pix of him at the helm and stuff like that yesterday. It was a blast, so much fun! Now I go back to work today. The vacation has ended. :lol:

The only people I saw from here was Captain Wolfy Wench. That was at the showing of Pirates on Friday night. Not many people dressed up, only a few. I went with my Elvis Storm Trooper friend Kenny and Toby *Jack Sparrow*. A lot of Elizabeths dressed up with the Barbossa dress. Made me wish mine had been finished in time. Ah, well, some people still wanted to take my pic in my maroon colored faire garb and cursed coin. The best part for Friday was not just seeing the movie again, but running around downtown San Diego with Kenny and Toby. People were flipping out over Toby's Jack costume. That was great!

Yes, I did see the fireworks that night and also Saturday night too.

I only have a few pix left and then I'll get them developed. :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I was there, but sadly I was spread to the seven winds when I wasn't trying to get things ready for the Masquerade.

The weekend was a blur, I admit, not to mention the forgetting of lists of where booths were was absolutely stupid of me.

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

I know when there's big events HERE, (and i know they don't get anywhere near the size of Am. events) it's often hard to remember all the many stalls and their location, so don't be hard on yourself.

Nothng stupid, it's understandable, esp. when it's crowded :)

Was it a good event? :huh:

hero.jpg

Charity, I didn't know you were a friend of Kenny's? He's hard to miss at the con - he does "Elvis Stormtrooper" complete with rhinestone pauldron. :lol:

Nobody saw me because I were "booth mom" fer the LucasFilm volunteers; making sure there were costumed folks fer line control and pilots to stand in front of the 1/7 scale X-Wing. I were a busy bee!

Here be yer pics, ye scallywags!

The Talking Captian Jack doll:

talking_jacksparrow.jpg

Here be the best o'the "Jacks":

jack_elizabeth.jpg

Here be me gettin' a "squeeze" from me favorite Jedi, Qui-Gon Jinn:

quigon_quimom.jpg

'Course I asked his wife fer permission as he has been attacked by rabid female fans. :lol:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Nay, that be me who knows Kenny, Elvis Storm Trooper. He knows my guyfriend Wally, it's how I met him like 2 years ago. And then thru Kenny I know Toby, one of the Jacks running around.

IMG_1257.JPG

That picture of Jack and his lady is Jimmy and his girlfriend Brandi. I only know of him and her thru another friend. :)

Did you see when Kenny did Ghostbuster Elvis? LOL! IMG_1250.JPG

Him, me and Toby were all sitting around coming up with ideas for his Elvis. Other characters he could combine Elvis with, so funny! It'll be interesting to see what he does next-lol!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Sorry Christine, I'm still recovering. :lol:

I see Robert and Jeff's dad in the GB group, but where is Jeff?

Yes, I like Kenny's web site; especially "Memphis Jones". :lol:

Glad everyone had a good time. I missed everything because I was working, but I got some nice "goodies" from LFL and the SW licensees for my efforts. ;)

hook_banner2.jpg

OK...for those of you looking for me....

sdccmina1.jpg

Here I am.

More coming soon, I assure you!

BTW: For those not there, this costume got Lynn Perry's award for best costume inspired by horror or other dark genres.

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

AH HA! I thought that were you, Penny.

I know Lynn Perry so I'll be tellin' her "thanks" fer awardin' ye a prize. It were a cute skit.  :ph34r:

If you could, I'd be really appreciative :) I actually tried to see if she had a booth or something, and for the life of me, I couldnt figure out how! My mind was considerable bits of mush on Sunday though, so even remembering my camera on that last day was beyond me.

Did I mention that I couldn't go back to change to Lucius because the hotel had problems with our door keys? Apparently the battery on the door was going out...so we spent far too much time and aggravation trying to even get into the room....

Charity: It's a coat :) There's more underneath, but no one saw it because it would have taken at least fifteen to twenty seconds to unbutton that thing, and as short of a time as we had, it just wouldn't have worked.

And yes, it was quite warm. In fact, at one point after my presentation, I sat on the floor with everything but my bloomers hiked to my knees and my hat off.

It looked ridiculously silly, but at least I didn't overheat.

By the by..more pictures went up late last night. This was for a scheduled photoshoot that I did on Sunday..

Lucky Penny can be a LADY???

Oh lassie, the backdrop of the Gaslamp Quarter is fantastic for your photos. They look great!

Lynn Perry is an individual, she isn't a professional. She was just one of the judges for the Masquerade that night.

I'm not sure who actually sponsored the prize, I'll ask her and find out. Her usual gig is being a Biker Scout with the 501st Stormtroopers. I saw her frequently during the con because all of us Southern California clubs were sharing booth space this year. We were "stuck" on the very far wall of the floor in Isle 100.

That's probably why you couldn't find her. :ph34r:

hook_banner2.jpg

Charity: It's a coat  There's more underneath, but no one saw it because it would have taken at least fifteen to twenty seconds to unbutton that thing, and as short of a time as we had, it just wouldn't have worked

And it's a beautyful one too!

You deserved a price for that :)

hero.jpg

I didn't see either of you 2, damn! The only one from the pub I saw was Captain Wolfy Wench. It was at the Pirates screening Friday night.

I have some pix that I got from other friends, mine still aren't ready yet.

It's of the costumes me and my friends did on Saturday.

UD%20Comic%20Con%2002.jpg

UD%20Comic%20Con%2004.JPG

ChristineandVickieincostume.jpg

The Batman and Catwoman are our friends Vickie and Scott. I'm sure you saw them running around. She also did Wonder Woman, which is what she wore more of than the Catwoman. :lol:

My guyfriend is Uncle Davver, an orginal character he made for a tv show idea. My friends and I did the sexy ghoul thing with him. Walking around on those boots was killer! Especially stopping so much when people wanted to take our pic.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Oh lassie, the backdrop of the Gaslamp Quarter is fantastic for your photos. They look great!

Lynn Perry is an individual, she isn't a professional. She was just one of the judges for the Masquerade that night.

I'm not sure who actually sponsored the prize, I'll ask her and find out. Her usual gig is being a Biker Scout with the 501st Stormtroopers. I saw her frequently during the con because all of us Southern California clubs were sharing booth space this year. We were "stuck" on the very far wall of the floor in Isle 100.

That's probably why you couldn't find her. B)

Actually, I did end up finding her in one of the many costuming lists I'm on! :)

Wow. It's Friday and I still feel extremely lazy. Ahwell...could be worse. An' it looks as if I'll be actually seein' the waters of the Bay again here soon.

Lucky Penny's been gone too long from a ship deck...