Redd in Variety Magazine...

Redd Oktober

That's right. As some of ye might know, Redd be a concept artist at a video game company called Backbone Entertainment. I created a character that is being much talked about of late - Death Jr.! So far, the game is the only original title being released on SONY's new game platform - the portable PSP. Just do a Google search on Death Jr. and PSP, and you'll probably find info on it. The joke around the office is that I'm Death Sr.

Anyhow....they're planning (now keep in mind...it's still in development hell...which means it may never see the light of day) to make a movie based on the game! Already!

Well...they put an article out in the June 14-20 issue of Variety Magazine about the company heading up the movie and the game itself...and there...smack dab in the middle of it, is one of my earliest thumbnails of the little bonehead. I have done better sketches...but I'm proud nonetheless...here's a thumbnail of it....(if the image doesn't show up...that means Villagephotos has been overused...so please keep checking!)

DJTHUMB.jpg

If'n ye wants ter see a full article...just PM me (or email me, as I tend to not clean out my PM box as much as I should) and I'll send ye a nicer copy.

Just excited and wanted to share!

....OH YEAH!

Did I mention there's a comic book? Drawn by Ted Naifehof Courtney Crumrin fame...the comic is going to be unveiled at San Diego Comic Con! I will not be there (my wedding anniversary is that weekend)...but say "hi" to Ted and his co-conspiritor Terri Selting if'n you see them!

:huh:

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"

Redd: We're proud to call ya one of our own...you're a talented pyrate and scalleywag indeed :)

The Royaliste's deckhands be missing ya, come back soon; we'll keep ya busy & smilin' with our plentiful store of rum :huh: & powder :huh:

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :huh:

Will Ted be hawkin' th' book at th' Oni booth or is someone else publishin' it?

Me company be self-publishin' it. Me superiors (name of Mike Mika and Chris Charla) be on their way down to San Diego right now as a matter o' fact.

Ted will be moving between the Oni booth and the Backbone booth throughout the weekend.

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"

That's great, Redd! Congratulations, mate!

Love the character.

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

( I think I dated his father once... )

Whoo Hoooo!!!!

You GO Boy!!!!!! :huh:

:huh: (Death Jr's 3rd cousin once removed)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

OUTSTANDING, Redd! Nicely done!

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Okay, so are we at the "borrowing money from you" stage of success yet? Just askin... :lol:<_<

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered