Pirate Clothing

Hello All !!!

I'm a newbie and I am scouring the Internet and I am getting ready to put together my "kit". I have a question about the quality of one of the sutlers I have found. Does anyone have any feedbeedback on Michael the Tailor http://www.angelfire.com/va/sutler/ His selection of pirate/seaman garb is pretty impressive and fits with in with the time period I wish to portray (mid to late 17th Century). Coming from a reenactment background, I just like to get some info on a merchant before I plunk down a bag of gold, so any info on the quality of this mechants goods would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks!!! Eric...aka "The Submarine Privateer"

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's been a long time since I fancied posting on these here forums...

I am finally gettin' me costume done fer halloween...

so I be one happy pirate captain.

Pictures! Let's see some pictures, mateys!

Broadside

:ph34r:

Every normal person must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats! - Lucanus

Hello All !!!

I'm a newbie and I am scouring the Internet and I am getting ready to put together my "kit". I have a question about the quality of one of the sutlers I have found. Does anyone have any feedbeedback on Michael the Tailor http://www.angelfire.com/va/sutler/ His selection of pirate/seaman garb is pretty impressive and fits with in with the time period I wish to portray (mid to late 17th Century). Coming from a reenactment background, I just like to get some info on a merchant before I plunk down a bag of gold, so any info on the quality of this mechants goods would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks!!! Eric...aka "The Submarine Privateer"

Unfortunately, Michael the Tailor passed on a couple of years ago. He did truly fine work, and had very reasonable prices.

>>>>> Cascabel

I needs to be shoppin' at the Big & Tall pirate shops.

Well, I'm big, but I ain't tall. I be 5'8" both vertically and horizontally.

I looks more like a cannonball than a belayin' pin! pirateGrin.gif

Any o' you gentlemen of a larger girth know where to finds some fittin' garb? (I tried Omar the Tentmaker, but no luck.)

:ph34r:

Arrrgh, matey, if ye had been askin' a month ago I coulda made ye some pirate togs. But with All Hallow's Eve fast approachin' I be up to me eyeballs in work.

If ye still be interested after mid-November, give me a holler by e-mail. Ye can look at some o'me other togs on me site.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Arrrgh, matey, if ye had been askin' a month ago I coulda made ye some pirate togs. But with All Hallow's Eve fast approachin' I be up to me eyeballs in work.

If ye still be interested after mid-November, give me a holler by e-mail. Ye can look at some o'me other togs on me site.

Wonderful work....ye have true talent! :)

Well, I'm big, but I ain't tall. I be 5'8" both vertically and horizontally.

I can be seein thar be a problem. I be havin similar problems as well but only from me hands. Member a magazine a few years back that be having a full sized picture of a huge hand belongin' to a heavyweight boxer, I be looking at the picture and be saying, he be needin bigger hands. expecially since mine were bigger than his...

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

I think I may be havin a shirt er two left in the economy size...and a apair o breeches left in stock.....and am busy buildin stock fer PIP...so if ye interested...drop a line.....

darkRose@pyracy.com

darkRose

A Faire of the Rose

The Enigmatic Rogue...and may always be<br />

<br />

"I kissed her... once with passion... once with love... and told her good bye"

Well mate, ye know what they says about big hand and big feet.... :lol:

Me feet are nothing to write home about but me hands, perfect for breaking things.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

For those of you who like to do a little sewing, you can make a "Williamsburg Shirt" (I think the pattern is called Williamsburg Shirt) and it'll have the nice flared arms and you can add laces for the neck and you're set.

For those of you who like to do a little sewing, you can make a "Williamsburg Shirt" (I think the pattern is called Williamsburg Shirt) and it'll have the nice flared arms and you can add laces for the neck and you're set.

where can i get a pattern for such a garment? Can one of the serving wenches at the local pub make it?

It be me pleasure, matey. I be currently workin' on Jedi robes fer me "big and tall" friends.

Darth Vader be 6-foot 8-inches and two o' me shipmates be XXXL sized.

I be sorry I cain't get it ter ye by Halloween, but me sewin' machine be startin' ter smoke from all me projects. :lol:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a link to my website with my costume photos ......

Go to the Costuming section of it at the bottom.. it has some of my costumes so far.. Titanic, Disney etc... Pirate ones are commin my honor as a Lady and a Pirate Lass!!!!!

www.gabriellestars.com/stars.html

:rolleyes:

cabinfreindsbanner-vi.jpg