Pirates with Parrots or other Beasties?

I would have a ferret but they are illegal to buy and sell in California, but i do have four dumbo rats. The males are sweeter, tamer, and not to mention larger than the girls, my boys RIkki and TIkki are great pirate pet material and since Tikki had accidently gotten one of his ears sliced by Rikki down the middle not to mention his extra kid and people friendly nature. He is a pirate pet with battle scars he is proud to show off and get attention for it! His pirate name is Captain Nibbles.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/2844...tainNibbles.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/2844.../Mr.Nibbles.jpg

Taking the side view picture of Tikki was especially hard cuz he wanted to cuddle on my shoulder, but when he finally took a minute to relax i got a great shot that has him look like he's lounging in my hand!

:ph34r:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/2844...tainNibbles.jpg

I too, have a parrot although before ANYONE decides to get one learn EVERYTHING you can. If I knew what I know now I probably would've decided it wasn't a very good pet for me. But I am dedicated and would never have it any other way now. Harry is a 16 year old amazon. I know out here in Southern Ca a lot of the event don't let you bring pets with you unless you get a prior ok, but hopefully I will be able to get out to the Ojai festival this year and bring Harry with me, it's close enough so when he begins to get tired and grumpy I can take him home. Does anyone have any info or opinions on that faire?

Men are like a deck of cards - You need a heart to love them, a diamond to marry them, a club to beat them and a spade to bury the bastards.

We have two collies who masquerade as shelties; a chihuahua who sometimes visits and who runs the place when she does; two cats of our own and a third one who's become a permanent guest; one rabbit; and a varying number of various types of small fish.

We never bring any of them to events, though.

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

We will be including Bollocks the Bilge Cat in our stage play... why's he called Bollocks, you ask? Tis the first thing the little bastard goes for when you open the door to the bilge! Should be entertaining.. Based loosely off my own beloved Whisky Jack, who is a beautiful shelter-rescued Maine Coon who seems to think I am his girlfriend. weird. Would be worth taking to events, if I didn't have to wrestle two kids, too!

"You have a woman's skin, m'lord! I'll wager that hides never been rubbed with salt and flayed off to make stockin's for a pirates best cabin boy!"

I just saw the website for Tales of the Seven Seas... and BY GODS if the lady captain doesn't look the spittin' image of my dearly departed own mother! Only with the red hair she always wanted! (And she was quite the lass back in the day!) You got any McRevey blood in yeh somewhere in yer history, m'lady???

:ph34r:

"You have a woman's skin, m'lord! I'll wager that hides never been rubbed with salt and flayed off to make stockin's for a pirates best cabin boy!"

Hmmm...

Lovely feather-face ya got there... quite th' intelligent bird...

I hav'nt done it yet, but I plan on a crow... get 'em as a hatchling, and raise 'em ta be as crazy as I...

No offence mate but I'll not be ridin around on yer shoulder fer no amount O' crackers . An I didn't need to be learnt to be crazy I were born that way . :ph34r:

Lord above please send a dove with wings as sharp as razors , to cuts the throats of them there blokes what sells bad booze to sailors ..

" Illigitimiti non carborundum . "

Aye Crow Ladd,

Nay, I'd not want ye ta be perched on my shoulder neither... :huh:

I'll settle fer a true feather-face ta fill th' position... An' I'd never wish ta be callin' a fellow mariner me "pet"...... Unless twas a she... :ph34r:

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org