National Walk the Plank Championships

hurricane

Here's a fun addition to this year's event:

The Pirates in Paradise Festival and The Pyrates of the Coast will be hosting the 2004 National Walk the Plank Championships during the festival, Nov. 25 to Dec. 5 in Key West. This is a sanctioned event which will pit contestants against one another in four key areas: Costume/Attire; Style; Plea; and Splash. A panel of esteemed pirate judges will be officiating the event in which contestants will take their best dive into a watery grave. Only the best will be called upon to compete in the finals while those eliminated watch silently in shame.

We're working on the exact date and trying to arrange a ship to add an element of unpredictability to the event.

More soon! Valuable prizes and the honor of being the 2004 National Walk the Plank Champion goes to the winner. We're almost sure someone will buy you a drink somewhere because of the honor. (But don't hold us to that!)

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're runnin' a 'special' on keel-haulin' as a fundraiser B) Ya walk a plank around 'ere, an' hypothermia'll get ye 'afore the sharks!!.........Dig deep in them pockets, an' we'll gladly supply the 'vessel', but you bring the plank, we're 'period correct' (no plank) :P

Stand Down, and ye may just live...

I'd gladly host the keelhaulin' event but it's hard to get repeat entrants... Savvy? Besides, this event is open to those of a piratical nature as well as those of a civilian one - we want to allow everyone to join in the fun and take a dive into the warm waters of the Keys - that's why the Pyrates of the Coast never hosted the event in our former waters - the Puget Sound. Too damned cold up in Seattle to do something like that.

Huzzh to warmer weather and warmer waters down Florida way...

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

Huzzh to warmer weather and warmer waters down Florida way...

I HEARD YA BROTHER!!!

22 MORE DAYS AND COUNTING!

:ph34r:B):ph34r:

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

...and so are we, Paisley. So are we. :)

We've been drinkin' to ya, but we'd like to be celebratin' with ya.

... tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock....

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

Should be a fun event! Tis glad I am that the only time i'll be seeing me place of work is during the Pub Stroll Party and the Pub Stroll. :)

Deadly Aim

Key West Pirate

pil'-lag-ing

It's like looting, but the shopkeeper is watching from behind some hastily contrived shelter.

Rum Wench - Pyrates of the Coast

that's why the Pyrates of the Coast never hosted the event in our former waters - the Puget Sound. Too damned cold up in Seattle to do something like that.

Now that would be the true challenge.

Eliminate down to two finalists in Florida, and then have the finals for the championship the week after, up in the cooooooooold Seattle waters, to see who REALLY wants to win!! :ph34r:

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

That would be a true test, wouldn't it? I've been in the frigid waters before, back in my seafaring pirate days coming ashore at Alki. Brrrrr! Glad I've shifted ports to far warmer waters.

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

• 2 weeks later...

Why yes, Miss Sheila, Oh Cabin Toy! We've confirmed that we'll be using the Schooner Wolf for the plank walking... so it will be the real deal. Leaping to your watery grave off a real ship, within view of hundreds of jealous pirates and wenches too faint hearted to take the plunge themselves. Sir Nigel has also volunteered unselfishly to take the dive for the glory. Glad you're in lass....

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

***staggers in*** Aye Captn' reporting fer plank duty. Me be willin ter walk de plank fer da cause. Working on finden me way down dere wit de new ships surgeon. We might need 'er to put us back tergether.

Animal

B)

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

Aye Captn' ...de ships sergeon says dat iffen she canna put us backt together, she'll at least keep our parts wat be left over inaa jar. Ahh a true soothe sayer that doc. At least wots left o us be pickled in rum!!!!!

Animal

B)

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

Walk the Plank championship? Well, Captain, ye know where ye can find me...

Actually, that seems to be the problem in KW doesn't it?

We're starting a new puzzle game called "Where's Nigel?"

:ph34r:

Look fer me at the bizness end o' the plank!

"Yoicks, and awaaayyy!"

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

I believe that I'll have to lose some of me gullet, or I liablely be breaking the plank before I gets to the end.

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

Master Studley... aren't you building the plank for us? We have the Wolf as a stouthearted support for it... and I'll gladly find an unsuspecting lad or two to test it on the day before.

A life bodice, love that lass... I know that Sir Nigel will be more than willing to do some custom fittings for them... Perhaps we can sway old Rogue's Pierre to create a sample for us...

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Aye!

I've got a fine plank to use, but we might be needing some back-ups. We don't have any size requirements posted for the contestants yet. B)

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

Life bodice? All we need do is throw a few empty keg of rum in the water fer the contestants to grab hold of. Simple solution with much more drinking involved.

B)

To The End Of Thee World or Wherever We Happen To Spin Off

I'm off to see the elixir.

The wonderful elixir of ours.

Of course doing this will invole some hands on work ye understand... a nip here(did i say that?) and a tuck there ye understand....but of course would be glad to assist in any way possible!

RoguesPierre

The Enigmatic Rogue...and may always be<br />

<br />

"I kissed her... once with passion... once with love... and told her good bye"