some help maybe?

If anyone knows any good websites/books, i could use to research Granuaile (Grace) O'Malley, it would be much appreciated. I'm attempting to write a story based on her life for a school summer assignment. Much thanx in advance..

love yas

wren

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me, so throw me down and tie me up and show me that you like me"

"Evil is always possible. And goodness is eternally difficult."

"...but there is no rose without a thorn no pleasure that is not paid for without the prick of pain."

I posted this along time back, but the book is well worth the read so I'll let ye know about it. "Grania" by Morgan Llywelyn is a fantastic look at Grace O'Malley. Though it be historical fiction it's hard to tell where history ends and fiction begins. Llywelyn researches her subject in great depth and then uses her writing talents to bring them to life and fill in the gapes that history leaves out or forgets.

If you can't tell she is one of my favorite authors and I can't recomend her books enough. So try it and let me know how you like it or not.

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning. To me it smells like....PIRACY!

wow thanx a bunch i'll definatly have to check that one out.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me, so throw me down and tie me up and show me that you like me"

"...but there is no rose without a thorn no pleasure that is not paid for without the prick of pain."

There's achapter on her in:

Bold in her breeches : women pirates across the ages /edited by Jo Stanley ; with contributions from Anne Chambers, Dian H. Murray and Julie Wheelwright

London [England] ;|aSan Francisco, Calif. : Pandora, 1995

ISBN 0044408927

And in:

Bandits at sea : a pirates reader / edited by C.R. Pennell

New York : New York University Press, 2001

ISBN 0814766781

The notes at the end of the chapters will list more information sources. You might be able to get some of the listed information through an ILL (Inter Library Loan) or requesting photocopies of some of the material. Also I think there was an article or two in No Quarter Given. I have the 10 year index at home. I'll try and check it tonight.

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Thank you sooo much its all helped tons and i plan on hitting up the library sometime this week to look for those books!