BARBOSSA NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!&#

Charity

Aye... true enough there, Redd.

But .... From what I have read from these places... :lol: tis no different than from what Iron Bess has told us.. other than a couple spots. The areas that are NOT in the Caribbean... that's a little wild I think. Tortuga is close enough... being as it's north of Hispaniola.... but.. somewhere on the other side of the world? Starting to sound like Master & Commander. Somewhat.

But.. as I mentioned elsewhere. One never knows with Barbossa. As pirate myths, lores & legends that some kids learn about... pirate ghosts are possible.. & to a kid... a pirate NEVER dies!

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Yeah but Thailand? Wouldn't the Indian Ocean be far more appropriate and just as exotic?

I think you all are forgetting something, let me refresh your memories :)

"Clearly you've never been to Singapore"

Jack said that to that silly guy who said he'd never think about doing that, after Jack cutt Elisabeth's harnass (read : corsett).

He says in the article, that the story will continue, well i think they're planning to let Jack go to Singapore!

I wonder what he finds most attractive of that place....... :ph34r:

hero.jpg

Excellent, I can't imagine a better villain! Looking forward to seeing Twig and all the grundgy crew! Barbosa might find himself on the outs with 'is crew, they weren't too happy with 'is bad decisions at the last and it can only be worse now.......Aaarrrr

Trying to think if one filming site be safer that another in current world conditions.....about he same probably. Security must ba a bigger issue than ever....

I don't Know about this "filming them together" thing. The "LotR" progressively became such a muddle ......by the last movie, though visually excellent. I can't help but think that they needed a break to reconsider and regain focus. Or is hashing the story and characters from the books a common practice? PotC was so well constructed comparativley, saw HP, PoA a few days ago, enjoyed it but thought the same as LotR. Sigh. What was the deal with the tattoos on Sirius Blacks chest....too charlie manson.....though I like some of the new embellishments I thought it a bit too confused with "Beetlejuice" (?Beetlegeise?)...

Whatever happens in the next film will happen.

As to back to back filming of the 2 sequels... I agree.

Another great example was "Matrix: Reloaded" & "Matrix: Revolutions" (which I HATE the both with a passion! Hey, you guys didn't have to watch it nearly 3 times a day 5-7 days a week!).

Lots of people are rather iffy with sequels anyway. Cause they SO compare them to the 1st film.

I think... as long as they stay true to pirate lore, myth & legend... all will be well. So much can be played with there. It could play out rather well like an animation I watched as a youngster - which I have all 39 episodes - "The Mysterious Cities of Gold"... taking history, mixing some fiction in it... was so fantastic! If PotC can stay along the same lines & use that old Walt Disney magic! It WILL do wonderfully! Hello! Walt DID intro PotC... & I noticed that in the ride still offered more to have fun with.

I still have great confidence in the Writer's as well.. despite a couple (cocky) amatuer fan fic writer friends I know. I've seen a couple scripts from other films... PotC:tCotBP was written rather good I think. Granted despite the MANY, MANY revisions.

So.... looking forward to the sequels... & maybe so close together in release is not all that good... maybe a year apart would be ok... or whatever.... but 6 months, that's again what Matrix did... a lot of people thought Revolutions was Reloaded... this is what they told me. Plus.. they also didn't like what happened with Revolutions either. Oh, well.

:rolleyes:

I agree, the first was so neatly done I'd be surprised if they didn't keep the creativity/energy/quality...and possibly......dare to dream...even better.

I only hope I'm not too old to enjoy it by release date.... :rolleyes: .

I agree too, the sequals will be great, i'm shure :)

I have to say the whole "Mutiny" thing was a little noncense though.

The was no mutiny on pirate ships, only in the navy.

If a captain wasn't liked, they simply choose another, or choose to go with someone else offering to be captain, or talk them into it, whatever be the case, but the marooning is right.

That seemed the common practise for an ex captain those days.

Well, whatever, i must say, i still hope Barbossa will indeed be brought back to life, as that will fit his dark caracter so well, will add to the attraction me says :rolleyes:

hero.jpg

Methinks that a bit 'o revenge be overdue...Since all plotholes are solve-able by a competant team 'o writers, we be needin' to see the return 'o Bootstrap Bill........a score to settle, a father-son cameo (always works in Hollywierd), one wot sides also wif Jack.........Hmm.........

:rolleyes:

Methinks that a bit 'o revenge be overdue...Since all plotholes are solve-able by a competant team 'o writers, we be needin' to see the return 'o Bootstrap Bill........a score to settle, a father-son cameo (always works in Hollywierd), one wot sides also wif Jack.........Hmm.........

Sounds good to me matey, me thinks Barbossa can get go after Jack for some revenge also :blink::huh::huh:

Article, still works for me.

hero.jpg

:D

Ahhh.... and you all heard it here first.

I love it when things get validated. :D

Aye! We heard it first from you, Bess! The woman who makes Silver & Flint quake in their boots at the mere mention of your name. A powerful pirate ye be.

::gives ya a keg of rum::: an' whatever poison be your pleasure. :D

Though, Eisner makes the likes of a bilge rat appear tame & likeable. ::shakes head:: Somethin' needs to be done, Bess. I miss watching a good ol' magical Disney film. :: le sigh:: :D Or even getting some of the old ones on DVD release. Would LOVE to see the old "Swamp Fox" series. Or any of the old classics... need more films like that. Now.. how to drum & beat that into Eisner's think numb skull.... <_<

It does seem kinda far off to head to Thailand..Especially cause they could have come down to Galveston..(hint hint) but im ready for the second one..Has anyone heard yet if Depp will sign for the third..It just would not be pOTC with Depp as Jack Sparrow..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

I don't think it's so strange to go to Thailand, because Jack makes that remark, after he's saved Elisabeth.

That guy, the navy who can't swim :lol: , he sees Jack cutts the strings of the corset and says "i'd never thought of that", and Jack replies, "Clearly you've never been to Singapore.

It would be so cool if they took the story about that to a new level, and show us just WHAT Jack did/experiences there :)

hero.jpg

I don't think it's so strange to go to Thailand,  because Jack makes that remark, after he's saved Elisabeth.

That guy, the navy who can't swim  :huh: , he sees Jack cutts the strings of the corset and says "i'd never thought of that", and Jack replies, "Clearly you've never been to Singapore.

It would be so cool if they took the story about that to a new level, and show us just WHAT Jack did/experiences there  :)

The real joke is that Singapore didn't exist till around 1810! :huh: And if you're going Singapoer route you're better off going to Malaysia. :)

But why let history ruin a good line or plot I say. :)

I'd rather it be the Barbary coast but who am I to decide?

I doubled checked and Singapore was created by a treaty Feb. 6, 1819. So I was off by 8 years. OTOH the movie was off by about 70-75 years!

Edited by Red Maria

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Abnout Malaysia, ofcourse but both are in Asia :huh:

Anyways,

The real joke is that Singapore didn't exist till around 1810!

No kidding?

ROTFLMAO, that Disney makes such a mistake..my god how funny :huh:

hero.jpg

Or Madagascar. Or even up in the Bahamas... maybe along the southern Colonies like Georgia, SC, NC or VA... even FL... along the Yucatan & the Gulf... that seems most likely. I can see Asia as a flashback or whatever... but nothing more.

Hope they stick with the Caribbean.. or the surrounding area.

:huh:

Or Madagascar. Or even up in the Bahamas... maybe along the southern Colonies like Georgia, SC, NC or VA... even FL... along the Yucatan & the Gulf... that seems most likely. I can see Asia as a flashback or whatever... but nothing more.

Hope they stick with the Caribbean.. or the surrounding area.

:huh:

Yeah afterall it is called "Pirates of the Caribbean"! :huh:

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency