Williamsburg VA.

Ahoy all... Fair Katey and I just got back from colonial Williamsburg in Virginia. I want to tell anyone who can make the trip or is thinking about going....GO... It was everthing and then some. While we were there, Lord Cornwallice occupied the town and declared marshel law. There were re-enactors for both American and British. It was a fantastic place to visit. The weapons.. let me say that again..THE WEAPONS.... To say they were impressive is an understatement. There were weapons from the original time period as well as reproduction weapons. The magazine had a few hundred weapons and the goveners house had over seven hundred weapons on its walls. Again, with both original from the time and reproductions. There simply is way to much to describe here. Lets just say, that it is very very impressive and well worth the effort to go there.

For those of you who are purist and want to know what this has to do with piracy..... well.... While Blackbeard was killed in NC., his surviving crew were taken to Willamsburg and tried for piracy. I cannot recommend this trip enough. The houses, the people, the food, I mean everything was simply incredible. You will not be dissapointed..... The Capt.

Hey Flint-

Were there at CW last weekend during their Under the Red Coat,

when they do CW under British occupation? That rocks!

My friends got to go and do it last year (we all do Rev War living history)

My buddy said it was THE best living history experience he's ever had.

I'd love to get back there for that sometime. I didn't go because they

portray British Marines and I do Virginia Continental, otherwise

that would have been great fun.

Sounds like you had a great time!

Cheers!

Redhand

:ph34r:

Redhand.... There were Virginia continentals also. There was a stragglers copr there as well. Fair Katey and I have been wanting to get involved with the Williamsburg group and thought that the stragglers unit might be the way to go. However, if anyone else is interested in creating a unit for this event, I will contact the appropriate persons and find out what we need to be able to participate...... The Capt.

I was there once, many years ago (29 of 'em, to be precise), and loved it! I don't remember there being any reenactments, but I do remember there being weapons aplently.

I still have some photos of me trip, somewhere around here....

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

• 2 weeks later...

Redhand... tis ashame we did not know you were there. It sounds as if we were there about the same time

I wanted to update those of you interested in a little bit of history I read. One of the captured pirates at Williamsburg, was Israyel Hands. It was his testimony that told the true story of how on one of Blackbeards final adventures, where he captured a ship and took her. Teach reported the ship to the authorites when he docked. It was his trestimony and wintnessed by three of his crew, that the ship was a derelict and that they found her this way. The courts examined the statements and after going through the red tape, the ship was declared a derelict and awarded to Teach, along with a percentage of her cargo. It was Hands testimony that told the whole story of her actual capture and plundering by Capt. Teach and his crew........ Ahhhh I love history.

Ahoy! CW ROcks. I used to live an hour west of there in Richmond, VA (where I was born and spent about 20 of my 30 years). We used to go for the British Ocupation yearly, and I am looking forward to the next time I get back to VA just for CW, well and the ocean. Lake MI is nice but not the ocean.