Peter Pan DVD

Red Maria

Watched it last night. A little too "cutsey pie" in places. (hey I am over 10, it happens)..but great costumes, and acting. The ship is perfect. That's the sort I like....with a protruding "rump house" Wendy is a dish. Hook was very fine..and the Scarlett Frock coat was fantastic. The colour overall..excellent. I tend to focus on set decorations, and costumes.....I give it 6 swords !! (out of a possible 10) Arr! :lol:

I was pleasantly surprised by the movie... damn fine costuming, and the mermaids were more true to what I would think a mermaid would be. All around, this was a great movie... and JI as hook was perfect.

The look of the mermaids owes it all to Brian Froud who was the conceptual artitist. Ever see his book Fairies? He was also the conceptual artitist for "Dark Crystal" and "Labryanth ".

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

I agree Peter was rather..bland. The actor who played him looked like he could have been picked out of the short line at Mc Donalds....by a talent scout... "Hey kid..ya want to be in a movie ? ya busy this week end..uh wheres yer mom?? I'll ask her"

Okay I am mean..but what do ya expect from a pirate Wench whats always dreamin?" Hate me for 10 minutes..then let me buy ye a libation. :lol:

Personally I think Jeremy Sumpter (Peter) did a fine job. This is his second film, so he is a "professional". (He was a LOT better than Jake Lloyd from the Star Wars: Episode I movie)

But I only has eyes fer Captain Hook, them whinin' children just get in the way of Hook's movie. :huh:

I be wantin' the peacock blue frock from the Black Castle scene. *drool* B)

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

And Lord knows Sumpter was better than those kids from shipwrecked! (No, I'm not letting shipwrecked's suckery go)

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum