Peter Pan DVD

Red Maria

I picked up the Peter Pan DVD at Costco yesterday. On the Bonus features ther's is a Section called The Pirate Ship. There's a behind the scenes video lof with Jason Issacs, tour of the Jolly Roger, Lost Boys vs Pirates, and a pirate song that was deleted from the film. Check it out! :)

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Yeah, Peter Pan was a great movie! And all the special features were cool too! Jason Isaacs is the best Captain Hook thus far. Oh, my goodness....and so yummy too! :( He's right up there with Barbossa as being a great and charming Pirate Captain. But Barbossa still reigns supreme-lol! :(

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Sorry gals, most of us Pirates don't like little boys in tights and fairies in our Piratey goodness.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

Very good flick. Kept more to the original book and the left "Long Tom" in. Good Smee as well.

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

Highly recommended. A much better telling of the tale.

Actually I loved the faries in this film (or torturing thereof - see signature below). Tinkerbell had real attitude - would have made a great pirate.

Mr. Isaacs' "behind-the-scenes" video was hilarious. :(

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Highly recommended. A much better telling of the tale.

Actually I loved the faries in this film (or torturing thereof - see signature below). Tinkerbell had real attitude - would have made a great pirate.

Mr. Isaacs' "behind-the-scenes" video was hilarious. :(

Apparently Mr. Issacs has a history of making "home movies" on sets he is on. This is from a Harry Potter site called the Leaky Cauldron:

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/MTarchiv...ves/004498.html

Naughty boy! :(

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Sorry gals, most of us Pirates don't like little boys in tights and fairies in our Piratey goodness.

Oh these fairies are more like what fairies as suppose to be like. Sometimes good sometimes nasty always unpredictable. The mermaids are not Ariel! They are the mermaids of folklore beguiling and trecherous. If you look closely you'll see a pirate or two from POTC. Definately not you standard panto Peter Pan! :)

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

And fer the lasses, Captain Hook be a hot and sexy beast! :P

great_hook.jpg

Ooooh, this captain be feelin' all hot n' bothered now. 'Scuse me whiles I takes a swim in t'cold ocean.... :blink:

hook_banner2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My youngest cabin boy (age 5) and I were watching Peter Pan this afternoon and he grabs the remote during a Peter scene and yells "I want pirates!"

Now there be the makings of a scurvey cutthroat! Makes me want t'cry... B)

hook_banner2.jpg

Jason Isaacs (he also played evil Col. Tavington in "The Patriot") plays Hook to perfection.

Menacing yet vulnerable in some repsects. I have to be careful drooling in front of the kiddies. When we saw this in the theater at Christmas I told them flat out I was rooting for the pirates even though I knew the ending. B)

Again, I highly recommend this film even if you don't have kids. It's beautifully crafted, stays true to the original story, and all the actors (kids included) do a fantastic job.

hook_banner2.jpg

*sigh* *swoon*

I shouldn't read these at work...I'll never get any work done after seein them pics.

That was a great movie. Didn't think I'd like it, but was pleasantly suprised.

Deadly Aim

Key West Pirate

pil'-lag-ing

It's like looting, but the shopkeeper is watching from behind some hastily contrived shelter.

Rum Wench - Pyrates of the Coast

I rented the DVD recently and both Boats and I agree we really didn't care for it that much. With the exception of Mr. Isaacs, we didn't care for the actors doing Wendy and brothers or Peter himself. Though we did like Tinkerbell's attitude.

I kept looking at the hat Hook was wearing and I swear up and down it was a Mexican somboreo that was covered!

Rumba Rue

**Always make stupid moves it confuses the heck out of the enemy** :ph34r:

::le sigh;:: :D Ahhh.. Yes. JI as Tavington. I adored him in that role. I still cry when Tavington is killed at the end. Mean Ben Martin.

KW pirate.. that's always the problem with gawking at JI. Be it in costume for a movie or not. My fav pic that is not related to a movie.. is of him... all in demin & cowboy boots... leaning against the black of one of those Blackwood (I think) trucks in a sort of old west backdrop. :: le sigh:: wow...

Yes, Jason did a fantastic job.

But... I don't know, Captain. I think between Barbossa & Hook... I like Barbossa best. JIs Hook is a close 2nd.

Don't you just LOVE JIs video footage!? :D Ooooh, how I have heard the stories! The re-enactors during the filming of "The Patriot" liked him better than Mel! :D Talk about some interesting home videos to show Lily!

:D Legs? Legs?! Oooh, come now, Barbossa. ::ponders:: I hear they are good fried.. like frog legs.. tastes like chicken. :::evil grinz::

:D

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

:D Legs? Legs?! Oooh, come now, Barbossa. ::ponders:: I hear they are good fried.. like frog legs.. tastes like chicken. :::evil grinz::

:D

I am a man after all and I gotta check out the whole package. With little Tink there she had a great set of legs! :D

I thought the kids were okay, except for Peter. Peter was Awful. Mr. Isaacs was, of course, the best thing in the movie, but as far as child actors go, the kids weren't bad. Now, I saw Shipwrecked with gabriel byrne a few hours earilier, and THAT is a film with miserable child actors.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum