No Submarine for Bilgemunky :(

A while back I got it into my head to send this email to US Subs:

---------------------

Dear sirs/madams -

I'm the proprieter of Bilgemunky.com, an online resource for modern-day pirates. I'm not referring to the scary, uzi-toting pirates that plague asian waters - we're traditionalists. Jolly rogers and cutlasses and such (and maybe a flintlock pistol, if our wives let us.)

One of the most important features at Bilgemunky.com is the pirate merchandise reviews, which is why I'm contacting you. It occurred to me that a luxury submarine would be the ideal home for a modern day pirate - always on the move and out of sight, able to sneak up on tourist boats and then surface to wave swords at them from a safe distance, that sort of stuff. I would love to review one of your subs for this purpose, but since I'm not yet wealthy enough to afford one on my own perhaps you might like to send me one for free? I know that sounds like a lot to ask, but there are many multi-billionaires that frequent Bilgemunky.com (well, it's possible,) and I'm sure the only reason they've not yet purchased one of your fine luxury submarines is because they're waiting to read a really good, pirate-based review of them.

I think it would be best to send me a Nomad or higher - anything smaller wouldn't allow enough room for my crew of scalliwags. Or if you'd prefer to send me a Seattle or Pheonix, that would certainly be acceptable.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Yarrr!

---------------------

It's been a few weeks now, and my submarine still hasn't been delivered. And here I was planning on inviting you all to join me on the maiden voyage. Hmph.

:o:o:lol:

I AM BILGEMUNKY

Pirraps ye weren't pirate-y enough in yer asking. A bit more of the fire and damnation, pirraps....

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Arrr....!

Blast ye, Bilgemunky, fer fillin' me head with highly unattainable, yet hauntingly d'sireable dreams!

Who'd of known ye could have sich a thing....*sigh* Alas, tis not fer th' likes o' a penniless scalliwag sich as me.

-Spydre