Nigel - famous artist or infamous rogue?

Nigel

Good news!

Yesterday we got an advance copy of an upcoming article in The Artist’s Magazine, which focuses on drawing skills. Right on the splash page is a half-page photo of yours truly, working away at my easel! The article will come out later this summer.

Here is the funny part - A coincidence? On a whim I had turned on the TV while eating dinner (I hadn’t watched television in months) and was watching PBS. The author was telling a story about “Focus on yourself surrounded by the circumstances you wish to create.” I was thinking about my art career, and recalling how a few years earlier I made a list of goals and dreams. One of those dreams was “I want to be in the Artist’s Magazine.” The next morning I come in to school and my instructor puts this article in front of me. Whoa! Talk about instant results!

Even funnier is the fact that I had said "I want to be in the Artist's Magazine." I had meant that I want my artwork to be featured in the magazine. But what I got was a picture of me - precisely what I had written!

:huh:

Be careful what you wish for; surely you will get it.

"I know, and stop calling me Shirley."

I just got finished with the drawing which, in the photo, was in the beginning stages. It was a real challenge, and I turned a few corners in the process of completing the drawing. Each time you push the envelope, you come up against some part of yourself. To move through and beyond takes strength and courage, and sometimes just plain patience. My instructor shook my hand yesterday, and congratulated, even complimented me on the piece. My studio mate said he was jealous, because she doesn’t give out compliments often. I think she was just relieved to see it finished. (I heard tell of a plot on the part of my colleagues to do an "intervention".)

Now comes the signing and framing part.

I will post a photo once I acquire one.

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

We're only making plans fer Nigel..... :huh:

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered

Congrats, mate!! I just hope the article doesn't give too much personal info, as it will make it just that much easier for those angry fathers to find you!

:unsure:

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

I know whta you mean Nigel. I said I wanted to be in Playboy and my first delivery that day was to the Playboy lounge. What a coincidence! LOL Just kidding. That's really great. Hope you post it.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

Congrats, mate!! I just hope the article doesn't give too much personal info, as it will make it just that much easier for those angry fathers to find you!

:D

I see me reputation precedes me.

LOL

Infamous it is!!!!

:D

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

Here’s another update-

I am in the process of posting me very own store on CafePress.com -

'Twill have much illystration, along with some fun cartoons. There is even a separate store for "Captivatin' Quotes, Mottos, and Axioms."

And, of course, no shortage of "Pyratey things of beauty fer yer collection of Booty!"

I am setting up a pilot store to "test the waters" and make sure things is "ship shape" and runnin' properly.

[so much a Sea Captain at heart, eh...?]

So far it has only a skeleton selection of items and images. This will be added to shortly, as soon as things get rolling.

Wary seafarers should recognize “Skulley” and one or two other familiar images from me artistic plunderins’.

Fer Illystration, Cartoons, and animation stuff:

http://www.cafeshops.com/mk_illustration

Fer Quotes, Mottos, and Axioms:

http://www.cafeshops.com/mk_creative

And, of course, fer Pyratey Stuff:

http://www.cafeshops.com/nigelworks

Check it out, and give me yer feedback.

Then I'll make ye walk the plank, fer bein' an upstart.

:lol:

Arr...

Congrat'yalations indeed!

Now seein' as ye be sich a goode artist an' all, be a goode lad an' draw me another mug o' rum!

:lol: (Har har har har har!) *cough*- wheeze! Arrr...help, I done run aground on me own comedic shoals.

-Spydre

Patience now, all o' ye's!...

All in good time now, I be gettin' to all that soon, and yer fav'rit Nigel art will be available. But fer now, one step at a time.

"Baby steps, sir.... Baaaaaby steps."

As fer drawin' a brew, Spydre - that's a right fine idear. I think I will.

....ahhhh.....

:huh:

Thanks fer the requests, mates.

Now walk the plank, ye upstarts!

Baby steps, sir.... Baaaaaby steps."

By this do you mean a wee little babe?

Or Hey Baby, whats shaking?

either way, fantastic, Nigel! Your work is wonderful, and well worth the time. Bravo!

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg