Period weapons on airplanes

Indigojack

Has any crewmember had any experience taking period weapons on airflights? Swords and especially flintlocks. I be sure airlines don't allow no blackpowder onboard. Is there usually a weapons vendor with powder, or do ya have to borrow some from a local pyrate? I'd appreciate being edumacated on this.

Together we shall sail the sea, best friends we'll always be. But, if we should ever disagree, the hell with you, and hurray for me.

Aye, Hunting Hawk has the right of it. They have to go as baggage, even non-firing replicas. I have never yet seen powder for sale by any of the vendors, so ye need to have a local pick some up for ye, or get it yerself upon arrival if a dealer is convenient. (Bear in mind that VERY FEW dealers stock black powder due to the aggravating rules for stocking the stuff) I have picked up powder for several shipmates that attend some of the events that I do......

>>>>> Cascabel

If you have a friend in the city where you're going or you can make arrangements with yer hotel, simply UPS the goods before you travel and put insurance on it. If you send it a week before, might not cost as much and when yer done, simply ship it home. Might be a costly, however, nowheres near what you may have paid for these items and risk having them lost.

I'm traveling in June and shipping items a week before we travel because it would be too much of a hassle taking on the plane.