Need HELP

Desert Pirate

I just got a new parrot and I hame having a hard time trying to find a good pirate name for her. She is a green cheeck conure and just the sweetest little thing . Please help

"There is no safe place in the land of Spain.

We'll take the ships and we own the Main."

How about Parthenope or Ligeia or my favorite Leukosia. Each being names of three of the Sirens from greek mythology whose form for some time were half woman an half bird and were later changed to lower half fish. Thier sweet singing lured sailors onto rocks. Arrrrr

:lol:

Signaturecopy.gif

Aye...I be a lover o' greek mythology for a long time now...especially any tales were the sea an mariners be concerned.

I wishes ye many years o' enjoyment with yer new shipmate... :)

:lol:

Signaturecopy.gif

Oh Oh...Am I too late?

Daaaarn!

I thought of a good one too.

Wanna hears it antway?

......................"BIRD".......................

:rolleyes:

BLACK SKOT ---(BLACKIE)

"Quarter" Master

Pyrates of the Coast

"Permit me aboard and I'll be takin' over yer ship...

Don't permit me aboard and I'll still take over yer ship"

I hope ye'll be postin' pics o' her... How can we name her without a pic?

Avast, ye limey lubber! Didn't ye think if Scarlet Jenny (Cutthroat Lass, Scourge o' the Seas, Deadly Duchess o' the Deep) hated ye, ye'd be sliced, skinned an' sunk to Davey Jones' locker? Aaaar! Ye would, and ye'd better start believin' it

I must have tried a hundred plus names for my parrot when I got him. He didn't respond to any of them. Then just for laughs I said, "Gilligan", and he perked right up and gave a cute squawk. So I tried it again, and again he squawked. So it seems he not only picked his own name, but when I bought him, I took him around the store to see which cage would be suited for him, and held him out and he picked the one he liked the best (he didn't want to leave it!). That little bird truly has surprised me!

Another gal I know, bought a green cheeked conjure and named him "Smee". He's just a really sweet lovable little guy and hasn't bitten anyone!

Best bet, just try lots of different names and see if you get a reaction from your little bird to any of them.

Unfortunately Conjures don't talk. My little Senegal is talking up a storm!

Rumba Rue

**Polly want a carcass?** :rolleyes:

Trinket is nice.. or trinny for short.

How about Echo, since it also means to 'parrot' someone?

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Unfortunately Conjures don't talk. My little Senegal is talking up a storm!

Rumba Rue

**Polly want a carcass?** ;)

Conures definitely talk! Ferdinand, our cherry-head/mitred cross conure talks like crazy. We just had him DNA sexed, and on the day we found out he was a boy, he learned his name, and said:

"Fer. . . di.. nand. Ferdinand. Good bird. Ferdinand. Arrrrr! Pirate Pirate!"

He says "Who's the conure???", and "Hi!", and "Chicken", and about a dozen or so other phrases. Next is "dead birds tell no tales".

It now takes him about 4 days to learn a new phrase if I repeat it often enough to him while we play. The best part is hearing him practice his new words while he thinks we're not listening.

Now the problem is getting him to shut up. ;) He's a very special bird that we rescued last year. You can read his whole story on the Mickaboo Cockatiel Rescue site. Ferdinand

Good luck with your bird! Green cheeks are the best pets.

-Jennifer

"Let them eat cake. No wait, kill 'em all instead, and plunder the cake for yourself. Mmmmm, cake. . ."