Calling all Goths!

Bilgemunky

I'm old friends with the editor of Gothic Beauty - a subculture fashion magazine that you may have noticed on the racks at Hot Topic while shopping for skull&crossbone socks and stuff. I recently proposed doing an article for him on the injection of pirate fashion into the Goth and Vampire subcultures, which he thought a fine idea.

So... if you're active in the Goth or Vampire type communities, and you might like to be part of this article, then please email me privately and we can start a dialogue. Just send me a note at capt@bilgemunky.com.

I AM BILGEMUNKY

I might have some stuff for you..just can't really email right now other than work things. I'll try to shoot you a line as soon as I get home.

B)

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

Lucky Penny Hawkings Posted on Mar 29 2004, 01:16 PM

I might have some stuff for you..just can't really email right now other than work things. I'll try to shoot you a line as soon as I get home.

[[[[[[lucky penny]]]]]] thought you feell overboard! nice to hear from you again lass! we missed ya!

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

I first heard about pirate reenacting from a guy I knew from the goth scene. Akasha and I frequent the local goth clubs, but I don't think we qualify as the kind of "scary vampire goths" that everyone seems to want to write about. I dress in black, and that's about it.

:D

Lucky Penny Hawkings Posted on Mar 29 2004, 01:16 PM

[[[[[[lucky penny]]]]]] thought you feell overboard! nice to hear from you again lass! we missed ya!

Ah, luv, I've been around, just 'ave been quieter than normal 'cause of being so bloody busy.

Work AND home have me on my toes of late...an' I jus' feel like I'm missin' so much for every one thing I accomplish.

Bloody 'eck, as th' Cap'n Royaliste likes t' say... :huh:

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

Aye, I may have 'ave a few things to contribute to yer article, but I'm not sure if ye can define me as a real life, in-the-skin "goth." Goin' all out... such actually gets a bti on me nerves. Have a few hardcore friends and hang 'round that sort of thing a lot, though.

D'ye want an email or a PM?

Captain Wolfy Wench

An email would work best for me. Actually, a great start would be to send me an email that addresses the following questions:

-Please breifly explain your connection to the goth community:

-In what ways, if any, have you witnessed an introduction of a pirate element into the goth community?

-In what ways have you witnessed a merger of goth/vampire interest and pirate interest within more mainstream alternative culture?

-In what ways do you feel goth and pirates mix well?

-In what ways do you feel goth and pirates don't mix well?

-Do you have any more observations/comments/thoughts/amusing anecdotes you'd like to contribute on this subject?

------------------

I guess I should point out that you don't need actually consider yourself a 'goth' to answer these questions. If you've ever been in a position to observe any "piratification" of the scene, then your input would be appreciated. Just make sure to specify your relationship with the goth community in the first question.

again, I can be emailed at capt@bilgemunky.com

Thanks!

I AM BILGEMUNKY