Mercury Meals

madPete

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Fayma Callahan said:

Fort Taylor Pyrates will be bringing table snacks for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. These will include: Summer Sausage, Salami, various cheeses, Apples, Oranges, Bananas, various dried fruits- raisins, dates, cranberries, various nuts- pecans, walnuts, almonds, fresh baguette bread and various crackers. We are also making various "Queen's cakes" in individual sizes for display and for consumption by reenactors during the day, and Pralines- Pecan, Almond and Hazelnut for a quick sugar pickup. These snacks will be for any reenactor that wants them, but not for public consumption. We will also have a refreshing orange spice tea with lots of antioxidants to aid in preventing heat related illness. It will be available at DB Couper's fly. I am bringing the gallon coffee pot and coffee, so if Mercury needs to use it, they may.... For Michael Bagley and Stynky...I have LOTS of coffee...hehehehe....I may even share....maybe.... 🤭  If anyone wants something else, please chime in, the groceries aren't bought just yet, and we can make adjustments.

Wow! Sounds like an awesome spread 😋  (Especially the coffee 😀 )  Thank you so much!!! ❤

On 8/18/2023 at 7:03 PM, Fayma Callahan said:

Pyrates MUST have coffee. It is REQUIRED at all our events!!! If you don't believe me, ask Jake...🤪. Can't wait to see everyone and meet new friends too!! Halfpint, you are now on my coffee MUST list...lol...🥰

😍

On 8/18/2023 at 6:01 AM, Stynky Tudor said:

Finally dug out my old camp cook gear...

PXL_20230817_233930990.jpg

ooo and a strainer! we need one of those for Ft Gaines! along with those utensils. We are gonna have pans/pots from both Chris and Fayma as well

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

If I brought the makings of French Canadian pea soup, would anyone be interested in it?

It looks like something scraped out of a baby's diaper, but it is really good. Also, it is most appropriate for the French context that the site has for the GAoP.

I can adjust quantities up or down prety easily, although my default batch sizes are small (enough for 4 people who have bread or other accompanyments), or large (enough to feed 12-15 hungry people who also have bread or other accompanyments)

Michael_banner.jpg

17 hours ago, michaelsbagley said:

It looks like something scraped out of a baby's diaper, but it is really good. Also, it is most appropriate for the French context that the site has for the GAoP.

I have found that "diaper" dishes are often some of the tastiest so I am game if its on the menu!

Edited by TudorSmith

15 hours ago, michaelsbagley said:

If I brought the makings of French Canadian pea soup, would anyone be interested in it?

Yes.

We hope to have some sort of cooking/food prep going on constantly, so yes please - whatever amount you want to bring/share.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2023 at 2:42 PM, michaelsbagley said:

I can adjust quantities up or down prety easily, although my default batch sizes are small (enough for 4 people who have bread or other accompanyments), or large (enough to feed 12-15 hungry people who also have bread or other accompanyments)

Yes.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

I’m in for meal plans.

I’m also driving, so can bring on any needed supplies- or go get some if needed.

Sorry I haven’t been reading planning posts.

In the last month we’ve had:

2 wrecks

Replaced a car (which involved time looking at cars)

Worked full time

Sent off 2 kids to college (junior & a freshman)

& I’m trying to get me handsewn flag done.

Project: Tartan Jack’s Tartan Jack

- Skull getting finished now, then need to add the crossed bones (basing design, loosly, on the Stede Bonnet woodcut).

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

2 hours ago, madPete said:

Sorry, Meals are for Mercury Crew. Limited resources mate...

Saturday potluck is anyone who brings a dish tho

Sorry, William explained you are on the Mercury crew for the event, I dont have the list and didnt recognize you...

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

9 hours ago, Fayma Callahan said:

Queen's cakes still being baked buy here are a couple of photos to show our progress. Anne Marie and I have been busy....😊 BTW- The house smells amazing!! Hope everyone likes them.

20230910_151540.jpg

20230910_145437.jpg

Those look amazing! ❤ Thank you!

So, we have finished baking the Queen's cakes! Huzzah! We made the following flavors:

Pound cake with icing

Spice cake with walnuts and raisins

Gingerbread

Cranberry Walnut

Rum Raisin

Almond pound cake

Orange Vanilla pound cake.

We plan on walking around and sharing these and the pralines with all the pirates.