OLD UPGRADEs & BUG REPORTS

Stynky Tudor

No, it settled down.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-- Deleted --

Edited by hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Is there a way to Delete a post that we made? We used to be able to as the author of it. Man, I could sure use that capability with my big mouth.

-- Hurricane

**sniggers**

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

Sometimes i cannot save an edited post

Edited by oderlesseye

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Is there a way to Delete a post that we made? We used to be able to as the author of it. Man, I could sure use that capability with my big mouth.

-- Hurricane

My God Man,

What kind of entertainment value would that serve the rest of us? :P

Edited by Stynky Tudor
because my typos were horrendous

I keep getting this message

found - connection failure

Oops! This link appears to be broken.Suggestions:

View cached copy of page from Google

Reload this page later

Search on Google:

Google Toolbar Help - Why am I seeing this page?

©2009 Google - Google Home

And then when I can get in it moves reallllly slow. I had to call William to make sure it was not just me. Is anyone else having issues?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

I periodically get 'logged out'. Whenever this happens, th' pub refuses tae recognize me password, and wont let me back in. I be on me 4th new password in 4 weeks. This happen ta' anyone else? Whimperwhimpersnarlkecker! rolleyes.gifmad.gifblink.gifwink.gif

Badger, did you check the box that says "remember me" under the login?

If not, do so, then you'll be able to come and go at will.

Though I have to admit, sometimes when Boats has had to put new programs onto the computer or Stynky does something here to change things, it screws up my getting into the Pub and I have to fiddle around to get back in. Funny how I don't have this problem with any other site I go to...arrgghhh.

One of these days in the future we'll get a new computer...ours is something like 10 years old and putting new programs on just makes it take longer to for everything to come up when I turn the thing on....like anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes! Now trust me that's ridiculous and we know it. But $$ is hard to come by these days when making house payments and such - getting a new computer will just have to wait until it blows up or something.

Rumba

I periodically get 'logged out'. Whenever this happens, th' pub refuses tae recognize me password, and wont let me back in. I be on me 4th new password in 4 weeks. This happen ta' anyone else? Whimperwhimpersnarlkecker! rolleyes.gifmad.gifblink.gifwink.gif

Ahoy Badger,

I'm not sure what the problem is or would be. . .

What browser are you using?

Have you ever cleared out your browser's cache or deleted cookies?

That was a Mod thing and those of us who would respond to your "big mouth" were always a bit perturbed that you would remove said posts. Without your comments ours made no sense!

Hehe... The life of a professional writer - always editing and rewriting. Can't help myself. So I will just re-edit then with a -deleted- mark and leave it at that. No biggie.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Hehe... The life of a professional writer - always editing and rewriting. Can't help myself. So I will just re-edit then with a -deleted- mark and leave it at that. No biggie.

-- Hurricane

Wow, I thought it was just me. I am a serial editor. (Although, as a rule of thumb, I rarely edit things when I notice people are reading them or -most especially- when they have commented on them. That just seems irresponsible to me, particularly if the comment could be construed as being controversial in any way. If I should'na said something but I put it out there, I figure I gots to take my lumps. That's just being decent.)

My big problem is that I write something and it makes perfectly good sense, but I want to tweak it and make it tighter or more clever or stranger or something and then I fail to edit everything. Thus I leave extra words, incorrect tenses and so forth in the parts I forget to edit.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

That was a Mod thing and those of us who would respond to your "big mouth" were always a bit perturbed that you would remove said posts. Without your comments ours made no sense!

-- Hurricane

Obviously Silkie hasn't a problem saying what's on her mind - LOL!

When I took over the Pub, I noticed a lot of the Pub's History - our older Pub conversations had come up missing, so I limited message editing and deleting to the Admin staff. The Mods are able edit topic titles, move stuff around and make stuff disappear (not quite the same as delete but they can make things go away).

Now between the last software upgrade and giving Mission access to the rum barrel, a lot of controls seem have gotten reset or changed - I need to go back and revisit some of those control settings.

• 1 month later...

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 16th

Hey Everybody,

It’s that time again when the Pyracy Pub needs another software up grade to keep her a float. We've discovered a few holes that need to be plugged so they don’t become problems for us in the future.

So at some point on WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 16th, the Pub may experience a hick-up or two, maybe even a bit of lag. If things go as planned, none of that secondary stuff will happen and yous won’t even be awares that I’m down below breaking, I mean fixing stuff.

If by chance the Pub does go down, rest assured we’ll be manning the bilge pumps and working to get her back afloat as soon as possible. In matters such as this, it’s always a good idea to check with our sister forum, Black Syren's Ye Olde Tavern, for projected status and reports.

Black Syren's Ye Olde Tavern

Black Syren's Ye Olde Tavern > Pyracy Pub Status & Support Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Teasing us. This is why we hate you. ^_^

Hey, is there a way to fix the photo autoscaling? It's not working for me anymore and the large photos are bursting the borders. I was going to post a bunch of junk in the PiP forum, but the photos were so fricken huge in the preview that I just gave up on it.

I went through the settings, but I couldn't see anything wrong according to the info I found about the IP boards. Heard anything? Will the update fix this? (Did the last one break it?) Inquiring minds want to know.

Actually it's another one of those features that got reset during the last software update. Since we're in line for another (software) update - I'll hold off until the that's complete and I've rebuilt all the database tables, blah, blah, blah.

Speaking of the database, I should probably back that up again before I do anything else. . .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

JUNE 16 - 20 2010 | PYRACY PUB MAINTENANCE

Ahoy Shipmates,

It’s time again to update the Pyracy Pub system, gallery and database softwares.

This morning I’ll be backing up the database and graphic assets. I'll start the upgrade process later today - this evening. . . or maybe tomorrow or the next day.

As always there’s a possibility of some unforeseen technical hiccup that may result in a loss of recently posted content and information. So please try and keep track of your conversation threads – because I’m not sure that I’ll be able to recover lost information posted after I make the back-up.

But once again there’s some big changes planned, ranging from juggling management staff to replacing our current chat client – not to mention the address of that nagging mess of a sea monster that is our events forum.

So please bear with us, pay attention and feel free to chime in as things fall apart or seem to get fixed.

Cheers,

- Stynk