Queen Anne pistol kit form Rifle Shoppe

madPete

3 hours ago, madPete said:

Rifle Shoppe

How long did it take to get parts? Do you have any in-process images of your build?

I've been sitting on a Pedersoli Queen Anne kit for more than a decade, still haven't gotten around to doing anything with it. The lines on the Rifle Shoppe piece is beautiful.

On 3/11/2023 at 5:52 PM, Stynky Tudor said:

How long did it take to get parts? Do you have any in-process images of your build?

I've been sitting on a Pedersoli Queen Anne kit for more than a decade, still haven't gotten around to doing anything with it. The lines on the Rifle Shoppe piece is beautiful.

TRS likes me, probably has something to do with the multiple orders.  I actually have another one Im building now.  I built the one in question and here are some pics of the build.  The Queen Anne has a unique triggerguard in that is slides forward to engage a safety in addition to half cock.

image.jpeg.72f3fa2450488db9583f92693de7070f.jpeg

11074589_1020465607980749_302129393_n.jpg

IMG_20150515_171955.jpg

IMG_20150326_091048.jpg

IMG_20150326_091014.jpg

IMG_7138.JPG

IMG_7144.JPG

11075201_1024530570907586_1544336631_n.jpg

id.jpg

from wikipedia and confirmed from several other sites:

Some of the earliest recorded European attempts of spiral-grooved musket barrels were of Gaspard Kolner, a gunsmith of Vienna in 1498 and Augustus Kotter of Nuremberg in 1520. Some scholars allege that Kollner’s works at the end of the 15th century only used straight grooves, and it wasn’t until he received help from Kotter that a working spiral-grooved firearm was made.[6][7][8] There may have been attempts even earlier than this, as the main inspiration of rifled firearms came from archers and crossbowmen who realized that their projectiles flew far faster and more accurately when they imparted rotation through twisted fletchings.

Though true rifling dates from the 16th century, it had to be engraved by hand and consequently did not become commonplace until the mid-19th century. Due to the laborious and expensive manufacturing process involved, early rifled firearms were primarily used by wealthy recreational hunters, who did not need to fire their weapons many times in rapid succession and appreciated the increased accuracy. Rifled firearms were not popular with military users since they were difficult to clean, and loading projectiles presented numerous challenges. If the bullet was of sufficient diameter to take up the rifling, a large mallet was required to force it down the bore. If, on the other hand, it was of reduced diameter to assist in its insertion, the bullet would not fully engage the rifling and accuracy was reduced.

The first practical military weapons using rifling with black powder were breech loaders such as the Queen Anne pistol.

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

• 1 month later...

That's a stunning piece! 😍 All of ye are tormenting me with such fine flintlocks! 

And he rifling explanation makes more sense. I think some gents tried to explain that to me almost two decades ago, but still didn't clearly explain the difference between smooth bore and non-smooth bore barrels well enough. That's a fascinating piece of info well defined. 

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!