Thrift Shop Finds

Stynky Tudor

• 3 weeks later...

Actually I was thinking about reviving one of Cascabel's old characters, the Rev. Testicleese, (suggestively) preach about the sins of the flesh, hellfire, brimstone. He also had a bible that would flash and shoot flame in the air when opened - I never did pay attention to how he actually did that...

Arthur Cascabel Whittam as Rev Testicleese Fort Taylor, Key West.jpg

Speaking of Thrift Shop finds...

Bed Sheet Ticking.jpg

I thought I would pick this up to use as garment lining, but it turns out to be pretty substantial material - heavy cotton (queen size) bed sheets, that could use them to make slops or a waistcoat or even just use as a light blanket.

Red Table Cloth.jpg

I think this is a linen/cotton blend or maybe it's just cotton I don't know. But it's a good size table cloth with rounded ends. Not sure what I'll do with it, probably a jacket, waistcoat or maybe a flag.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 1/18/2024 at 12:11 PM, madPete said:

I haven't found any material since before Ft Gaines. It's kinda dried up

Since October, I haven't found a whole lot of interest myself.

Though I did find these 2 large foam ice chests, 18"x19"x26". The inside voids aren't very big, I think they're for shipping meat or medication maybe. Anyway they were a couple bulks each, I'm thinking I could wrap them in some old canvas and stamp some bale marks on 'em.

PXL_20240118_154431509.jpg.c043000c78ff299389234e708d70a788.jpg

On 1/20/2024 at 5:29 PM, madPete said:

Appears to be near new. 2.5 gallons.  I need to order a bung and a tap for it

Wow, that's a great find! Even if it doesn't hold liquid, it's still a cool prop.

I've actually got an old 5 gal (oak) cask from John & Grace, but I'm not sure where it has gone since I moved (ten years ago). At the time the boards had already started drying out, shrinking and collapsing in on it's self. Since barrels are a sort of pressure fit, I'd need to soak the boards a bit to reconstitute everything, maybe buy a bag/membrane insert if I actually wanted it to hold liquid.

On 2/2/2024 at 12:02 PM, Halfpint said:

Found this pewter "sharing mug" yesterday at a Tucson thrift store for $5.00  😃  Sheffield England made, and holds 32 ounces!

If only Fort Taylor was still a thing. I remember wandering with folks into bars and the bartenders offering to fill my mug - I had one that was 24oz.

Congratulations, great find!

2 hours ago, Stynky Tudor said:

If only Fort Taylor was still a thing. I remember wandering with folks into bars and the bartenders offering to fill my mug - I had one that was 24oz.

Congratulations, great find!

Thanks! 🙂  and Fort Taylor was awesome 😊

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Fabulous finds, all! 😉👍🏴‍☠️

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!